• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So. Auburn vs. West Virginia.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I want WVU to lose to AU and CU and enter the BE season wracked with doubt.  Just don't like those guys.

I also want Cincy to lose to Oklahoma and us to loose to Kansas!  That will show em how good the BEast really is!!!

Before you worry about the BE looking good in the national scene maybe you should worry about USF's ability to win the conference.  You seem to forget that USF has never finished above 3rd place in the BE and never sniffed a championship in CUSA.

So while you and others on here worry about style points, I'll just hope we win the conference.  That's why I want WVU (the conference favorite in most media member's opinions) to enter BE play wondering why they never interviewed Bill Stewart and wishing they could have a do-over.  Glad you want them to world beaters.

This is a ridiculous issue to be fighting over. Whatever will be will be. WVU plays Auburn early in the year, so there is no telling what type of impact a win or loss would have on the rest of their season. There is another school of thought that some teams respond to losses and play better following them. So it could go either way.

As it has been said by other posters, this game has little impact on USF's ability to win the Big East. If the game between us and WVU turns out to be for the BE Championship, I think Mother Nature will have as much a say as anything else. Certainly more than whether WVU beat Auburn or not.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

you always need to root for Big East teams when they are playing OOC games.  shouldn't even be a question. 

now maybe if we get to the point where our national identity is established and the big east has gotten its respect back (consider our record in BCS bowl games and how many teams we will have in the preseason top 25 this shouldnt be an issue, but it still is)

then we can root against fellow conference members if they are one of the rivals.  but we dont even have a clear cut conference rival yet because its all so new.

check back in 10 years and we can have a better debate.  but right now its gotta be Go Big East!

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I'm conflicted on this one. Obviously fans of the Big East usually pull together and root for each other in nonconference games and in bowl games. But this one is a little different. If they beat Auburn, it kinda diminishes our victory a bit, but if Auburn wins, then we can't both be undeafeated when we meet in December.

What do you think?

If WVU beats Auburn it has no bearing on our victory.  People don't remember things for so long, and WVU is playing a different Auburn team.

You should obviously be cheering for every Big East opponent in non-con game.

Ideal situation is to win the big east.  So, WVU losing some games could help us to the point, unfortunately them losing to Auburn doesn’t.  Is just makes the SEC look that much better than the BEast.

AU will finish in the top half of the SEC but probably like 4-5th.  And beating our 1-2 team is bad.

More than a few people that I've seen are picking Auburn to win the SEC West. So if WVU beats one of the teams in the SEC Championship game, it can only validate our conference even more

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I will always pull for the Big East for OOC games.  Always.

Except for Rutgers.  I never have pulled for them and I never will pull for them.  Ever.

• Content Count:  883

I will always pull for the Big East for OOC games.  Always.

Except for Rutgers.  I never have pulled for them and I never will pull for them.  Ever.

I can't pull for Rutgers either.  I refuse to root for anything from NJ/NY. 

• Content Count:  526

If all you want are conference championships then be a fan of UCF they've already gotten them.

I don't want to win a mediocre conference.  If USF can't beat the best and slides through an easy conference then BCS bowl will be shameful and embarrassing.

I'd rather let teams like WVU win the BCS game than USF to lose another bowl by 35 points.

Yes I want USF to go to a BCS bowl, but I don’t want to get slaughtered in one either.  I want USF to be a top 8 team in the country going to a BCS bowl.  I don’t want to plow through a severely weak conference and get whipped.

Like Pitt in the 2005 Fiesta Bowl

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

fact is, the better BE teams do in OOC matchups, the stronger we look competing at the top of the conference.

if the BE can continue to be amongst the best in BCS football, it only bodes well for us.

of course, none of this means anything if we don't hold up our end of the bargain and lay the smack down on our in-conference opponents.

• Content Count:  526

fact is, the better BE teams do in OOC matchups, the stronger we look competing at the top of the conference.

if the BE can continue to be amongst the best in BCS football, it only bodes well for us.

of course, none of this means anything if we don't hold up our end of the bargain and lay the smack down on our in-conference opponents.

Amen

USF needs tio worry about who is on USF's schedule from week to week.  If we take care of business, we'll get whats coming to us at the end of the season. 

I agree, but fortunately for us fans here we don't need to focus on the weekly grind.

We can speculate on other teams and discuss how it may affect USF.  It won’t change how the football team performs.

QFT!!

I want WVU to lose to AU and CU and enter the BE season wracked with doubt.  Just don't like those guys.

I also want Cincy to lose to Oklahoma and us to loose to Kansas!  That will show em how good the BEast really is!!!

Before you worry about the BE looking good in the national scene maybe you should worry about USF's ability to win the conference.  You seem to forget that USF has never finished above 3rd place in the BE and never sniffed a championship in CUSA.

So while you and others on here worry about style points, I'll just hope we win the conference.  That's why I want WVU (the conference favorite in most media member's opinions) to enter BE play wondering why they never interviewed Bill Stewart and wishing they could have a do-over.  Glad you want them to world beaters.

Except that kind of psychology can have the opposite effect... early struggles force them to work harder... and could make them harder to beat...

No... I want them to be full of themselves and cocky... wearing Yankee hats again...

Archived