• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With the big marketing improvement, now the AD needs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

the reason most other schools traditions were not built with the aide of the jumbotron is because that technology didn't exsist when these schools traditions were created.

so to sit back and say 'no lets not use the jumbotron to help build a tradition because thats not how other schools did it'  is like saying 'no im not going to fly out west, im gonna take a horse-drawn carriage because thats how the pioneers did it'

you use the best tools available and as far as Jumbotron's go...there probably isnt a better one in all of college football then what we have at RayJay

Exactly!  These school's traditions were developed before the jumbotron was even invented (probably some before the tv was invented).  With the advancement in technology the jumbotron will become more of a factor than ever before.  When we finally build a stadium, the jumbotron that will be put in there will be 100x better than even the one that's at Ray Jay right now.  That's just how technology goes.  The bull running down the street breaking the boxes of teams on them gets me a whole lot more pumped up than the band playing a song.  Don't get me wrong, the band plays a huge part in all this as well.  I think the best combination is an intro on the jumbotron (such as the boxes that we all like) followed by some kind of "tradition" including the band etc..  When you get goosebumps watching the boxes video that says something!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I'd love to see something along the lines of Va Tech... The entire stadium knows what's happening when Enter Sandman starts up... they use the jumbotron and It's freaking loud!! If you have the speaker system I say use it. I love HOT and I think the current pregame show is a good one but a Jumbotron entry with the same song every week would lock it in.

• Content Count:  937

we dont need any traditions.. We just need to win football games. No one is going to say after we beat them... Oh well we lost but we have better traditions then you. Besides were a little young with age comes tradition, lets start one of winning.

• Content Count:  377

I think they should have an actual bull charge out of the tunnel and onto the field and stick one of his horns up the other mascot's @$$!  That would get me pumped up!

• Content Count:  2,277

LOL!  I am all for it!

• Content Count:  2,478

I think we should go really, really old school and perform a live animal sacrifice before a game. Like a lamb. And preferably at the 50 yard line.

Lets do that with the type of animal that the other team mascot is. If it's not an animal we just use one of their fans that are really drunk and put him in a contraption like in Saw.

• Content Count:  2,307

At Auburn before the game started they had their cheerleaders directing some chants.  That was pretty cool.  Plus, after that people will know the chants when they happen randomly during games.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I think we should go really, really old school and perform a live animal sacrifice before a game. Like a lamb. And preferably at the 50 yard line.

Lets do that with the type of animal that the other team mascot is. If it's not an animal we just use one of their fans that are really drunk and put him in a contraption like in Saw.

I vote for  you idea  :)

Archived