• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With the big marketing improvement, now the AD needs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

I think we should go really, really old school and perform a live animal sacrifice before a game. Like a lamb. And preferably at the 50 yard line.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Jumbotron=bad college atmosphere.

Just 'cause we don't have a Touchdown Jesus...   ;) ;) ;)

We have a kickass band.  That is the starting place for any tradition.  Now we just need some ingenuity and we'll have something.  Plenty of schools don't have jumbotrons.  To me the whole jumbotron thing is NFL, not college.  If anyone has been to other college football shrines you know what I mean.  Its nice to see replays and all, but we don't need to use that for starting a tradition.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Its nice to see replays and all, but we don't need to use that for starting a tradition.

Why not? We are not like most other major college football programs so stop trying to put square block in a round hole. I'm not saying force a tradition using the Jumbotron but don't write it off so quickly just becuase other schools don't have one..

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

the reason most other schools traditions were not built with the aide of the jumbotron is because that technology didn't exsist when these schools traditions were created.

so to sit back and say 'no lets not use the jumbotron to help build a tradition because thats not how other schools did it'  is like saying 'no im not going to fly out west, im gonna take a horse-drawn carriage because thats how the pioneers did it'

you use the best tools available and as far as Jumbotron's go...there probably isnt a better one in all of college football then what we have at RayJay

• Content Count:  883

It's already there.  Might as well use it.

• Content Count:  1,894

This is nice to talk about and all but is anyone actually telling the people that matter? Honestly we need to have something done. I know alot of you guys are connected to certain people in the school. I'd like to hear what they think of it and why we don't use certain things anymore. Someone has to know the creative minds behind this lack of spirit. I hope you guys contact them and get the ball rolling. It probably isn't that easy but it has to start somewhere.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

the reason most other schools traditions were not built with the aide of the jumbotron is because that technology didn't exsist when these schools traditions were created.

so to sit back and say 'no lets not use the jumbotron to help build a tradition because thats not how other schools did it'  is like saying 'no im not going to fly out west, im gonna take a horse-drawn carriage because thats how the pioneers did it'

you use the best tools available and as far as Jumbotron's go...there probably isnt a better one in all of college football then what we have at RayJay

There is a school in Florida that has a nicer jumbotron than Ray Jay

• Content Count:  12,293

This is nice to talk about and all but is anyone actually telling the people that matter? Honestly we need to have something done. I know alot of you guys are connected to certain people in the school. I'd like to hear what they think of it and why we don't use certain things anymore. Someone has to know the creative minds behind this lack of spirit. I hope you guys contact them and get the ball rolling. It probably isn't that easy but it has to start somewhere.

i can assure you that the "people that matter" tune into this board.  Eric, Vicki, and some others know what is talked about here.  In addition to observing, they actually reach out to people on the board for feedback.  I remember attending a meeting last season where some "tradition" starting ideas were discussed.  (mainly, the running of the bulls)

Vicki and Ayodele listened to suggestions and gave feedback.  The problem is....somethings sound great in discussion, on paper or a message board, but when it comes time to coordinate and execute....its just not that easy.

Lets get some on-field history like a conference championship, more bowl trophies, more nationally televised home games and the rest will find a way to fall into place.

• Content Count:  1,894

Hahaha when we get a taste of the Wvu game atmosphere and past UL game, I feel like it needs to be that way all the time. Unfortunately we just quite haven't reached that status yet. It will happen.

Archived