• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA 09

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

ok rezz....fill me in what QB is faster..just FYI for me??

Voss ran a 4.44 at USF during his recruitment and is currently a QB...

Here are some times for some of our players from track meets in HS:

Bruce Daniels

Lincoln HS

Tallahassee, FL

Personal Bests

200 Meter Dash -

what position is this guy, thats not that fast

We know him as BJ, our QB of the future.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

mike ford running a 10.87 in the hundred is scary at his size.

I read something when he first signed about him running a 4.37 40 out of HS. I don't know if that is even possible at his size, but if that was anywhere close, and Mike gets in better shape, I think we will see what all the hype was about for him coming out of HS.

• Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

In answer to some questions ...

NCAA 09 comes out on July 15, 2008

As to whether the USF UA uni's will be in the game here are some reference points in regard to UCF last year:

... NCAA 08 was released July 17, 2007

... Knights new logo design trademarks were filed on April 6, 2007, logos reveilved on May 14, 2007 (made it into NCAA 08)

... Knights new uniforms and helmets were unveiled on June 14, 2007 (did not make it into NCAA 08)

... Bright House Networks Stadium was not in NCAA 08

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Bruce Daniels

Lincoln HS

Tallahassee, FL

Personal Bests

200 Meter Dash -

Ok i wasn't paying attention to the school.  Thats pretty good then.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Bruce Daniels

Lincoln HS

Tallahassee, FL

Personal Bests

200 Meter Dash -

Rivals lists him as running a 4.55 forty

http://usf.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=58795

In all fairness to BJ, I don't know if he ever ran the 200 before in a meet. His main focus in track is high jumping with a PB 6'4" which is good for him to use in basketball.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Selvie with a speed rating of 89. With any kind of head start he would be almost unblockable in that game.

getting off the block is the key.  if you hit the quick jump right and come in at a slant instead of just trying to plow straight through the tackle u can usually run right through the OLine untouched...  of course the fullback or tailback can still pick up the block, but i never get less than 3 or 4 sacks a game hitting it on an angle.

You might even be able to get around the corner on the offensive tackles if you have a 30-point speed advantage on them. Line up wide as a stand-up rusher and then run right past them in their stance.

true.

i always seem to have more success cutting inside though.  i slide 3 of my DLinemen to the left, but keep the DE to the right, just a little to the outside but not standing up.  then instead of rushing straight in, i cut to the left and can usually get around the guard untouched and run straight at the QB for a sack.

hard to explain... i think i'm gonna have to buy an XBOX for the new game, cuz the PS2 is getting old and they don't update the game for **** from one year to the next on that systenm.

• Content Count:  4,738

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Selvie with a speed rating of 89. With any kind of head start he would be almost unblockable in that game.

getting off the block is the key.  if you hit the quick jump right and come in at a slant instead of just trying to plow straight through the tackle u can usually run right through the OLine untouched...  of course the fullback or tailback can still pick up the block, but i never get less than 3 or 4 sacks a game hitting it on an angle.

You might even be able to get around the corner on the offensive tackles if you have a 30-point speed advantage on them. Line up wide as a stand-up rusher and then run right past them in their stance.

true.

i always seem to have more success cutting inside though.  i slide 3 of my DLinemen to the left, but keep the DE to the right, just a little to the outside but not standing up.  then instead of rushing straight in, i cut to the left and can usually get around the guard untouched and run straight at the QB for a sack.

hard to explain... i think i'm gonna have to buy an XBOX for the new game, cuz the PS2 is getting old and they don't update the game for **** from one year to the next on that systenm.

i'll torch you on my wii ;D

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Well I guess it is safe to say the new UA uni's won't make the game....

"USF has not seen a final rendering or physical version of its home jersey, which is still in production at Under Armour.  The production of the road uniform was streamlined to accomodate USF in promoting defensive end George Selvie and to ensure he was wearing the 2008 uniform during numerous national media requests for the returning consensus All-American."

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1470728

• Content Count:  57

as accurate (sarcasm) as EA sports has been with USF's roster the past few years i fully expect that DE #91 to be 6'6" 265 lbs.......josh julmiste.

how in the world do neither TJ, Mitchell or a single offensive lineman land ratings of 83 or better? 

surprised neither safety is rated better than 83 as well.  carlton williams will be a 4th year starter and nate allen is being regarded as one of the top safeties in the country.

oh well, at least tavarious robinson isn't an impact player this year.

• Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

Hey did you guys read that one of the features in NCAA 09 is that you can put your own MP3s in to play in certain events during the game?  Time to plug in some Heard of Thunder MP3s for extra HOT juice.  Maybe play that First Down MP3 on a huge first down?  Play "The Bull" during timeouts or something?  Tom Sawyer on kick-offs?  OK well that's just me but still you get what I am saying.

Archived