• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Change in Student Ticket Policy! Online System created....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

This is a step in the right direction....

I disagree with your approach chazmaister... It fails to consider disloyal upperclassmen who will ebay the tickets. At lest with the method outlined by the Oracle, it would be harder to do (assuming they check IDs when you arrive at the stadium and match the name to who bought the ticket/gets the points).

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  98

From what I've heard, the new system also picks up on financial holds from OASIS. If you owe money (tuition, parking tickets, etc.), you may be blocked from getting a ticket.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Hey, question to you guys... How are they calculating the loyalty points? Are they taking this basketball and baseball season into consideration, or is it just beginning in the fall. Kind of confused here...

• Content Count:  565

I would like a 75-25 system...

75% of the tickets are given via this lottery. Inform the students on Sunday, tell them to claim them at the S.D. by Wednesday at noon. Plenty of time to ask off of work/school/reschedule weddings... No guest tickets

25% as well as unclaimed tickets are given out on Thursday or Friday morning at the Sun Dome, using this same system. A way for the passionate students who might very well get screwed by this policy to get in the game, and those who want guest tickets to get guest tickets...

Or, better yet, give lower bowl seats via the first way, and upper bowls the second way

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

can students get points for donating to a bulls club or something?  that would be the best way to ensure real fans get tickets. 

1- you are a student with no money living on campus and go to lots of sporting events

2-  you are a student that donates money

i think that would work really well

You get points for participating in certain SBC events. These points are for when you graduate though.

I used the online system for the Louisville game. It worked excellent. I logged on when the tickets were available and printed it off.

• Content Count:  223

This is a step in the right direction....

I disagree with your approach chazmaister... It fails to consider disloyal upperclassmen who will ebay the tickets. At lest with the method outlined by the Oracle, it would be harder to do (assuming they check IDs when you arrive at the stadium and match the name to who bought the ticket/gets the points).

I see where you're coming from....but upperclassmen have paid more to the school and should get first dibs on tickets. They have paid more athletic fees and should be entitled to first rights of refusal. Maybe a balanced equation where you work the loyalty program in somehow.

• Content Count:  339

first come first serve.  I can appreciate that upperclassmen may garner first dibs, but I don't think there is that much of a demand at this point.  They've always been first come first serve.

• Content Count:  2,363

I like the optimism displayed in the article:

The program will reward students who regularly attend football, basketball, baseball, softball and soccer games with first crack at men's basketball and football tickets.

That men's basketball tickets are also considered coveted.

• Content Count:  398

I was looking through the forums, wondering if someone had picked up on this already. If I missed it, please merge the topics.

Anyways, as we suspected, the USF ticket policy for games has been redone. It was on the front page of the Oracle today.

<a href="http://media.www.usforacle.com/media/storage/paper880/news/2008/04/15/News/Ticket.Policy.Revamped.To.Reward.Student.Loyalty-3325129.shtml">Ticket Policy Revamped to Reward Student Loyalty</a>

• Content Count:  4,642

i would think that if we keep winning and selling out, then they'll either start to sell student tickets or use a lottery system or a combination of the two.

Archived