• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Adaris Bellamy video

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

Found this video on him.  This kid is going to be phenomenal.  Incredible balance, has power, shiftiness, and speed.

• Content Count:  557

WOW!  :o Great video. This kid will look great in Green and Gold....... I just hope he doesn't back out of his commitment once the big dogs start recruiting him hardcore.

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

WOW!  :o Great video. This kid will look great in Green and Gold....... I just hope he doesn't back out of his commitment once the big dogs start recruiting him hardcore.

I don't think he would have commited so early if he was holding out for the big dogs, but I don't know.

Hopefully we land him.

• Content Count:  526

Exceptional video. I'm glad he wants to be a BULL.  He'll bring much needed competition and play a major relief role.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Rivals lists him as a "soft" verbal, because he said he could always change his mind. He won't be seeking other schools, but he will listen to what they have to say. Since he wants to stay close to home, I suspect that if we did lose him it would probably be to UF.

USF lands talented local running back

By Barton Simmons, Recruiting Analyst Mar 9, 18:52 EDT

At 5-foot-9, 220 pounds, Adaris Bellamy has tremendous strength that is matched only by his terrific feet. The Dunnedin, Fla. running back could end up being one of the top running backs in the state of Florida in 2008. The University of South Florida hopes so because Bellamy decided on Sunday that he will be a Bull.

On Sunday, while at USF for a Junior Day, Bellamy saw all he needed to see but he had a good feeling going into the weekend.

"I went to previous practices before and talking to some of the coaches and some of the players and seeing how practices went it seems like a real family environment," Bellamy said. "The players are real down to earth. The coaches are real down to earth."

While actually on campus on Sunday, the family atmosphere is what finally sealed the deal for the running back.

"When I was at the Junior Day I was talking to the coaches and they just made me feel like part of the family," he said. "I took my little brother with my and they made my little brother comfortable. It felt like home. I thought about it and went to Coach Levitt and told him I wanted to commit. He was real excited about it, real happy."

Bellamy will be joining a new family at South Florida but the hometown school will allow him to stay close to his real family.

"[The distance] was important," he said."I didn't want to go too far. I can see my family whenever."

Though the commitment is coming very early in the process, Bellamy insists that he didn't plan it that way.

"It wasn't something that I had planned," he confirmed."I really didn't know when I was going to commit. When I went down there I just fell in love. It's good to get the weight off my shoulders but then again, it's not off my shoulders because I can always change my mind."

Claiming offers from Clemson and Ole Miss along with USF, Bellamy will likely have his offer list continue to grow despite his commitment but he claims he won't be seeking out any new offers. However, Bellamy is still keeping an open mind.

"I'm gonna go out with an open mind," he said. "I'm going to listen to anything, take everything in. Hopefully in the long run South Florida is going to be my number one."The commitment is the first in the class of 2009 for South Florida.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=rivals-206088&prov=rivals&type=lgns

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Are you sure that wasn't an old LaDainian Tomlinson video? If thats not, WOW!!

• Content Count:  919

I love his vision.  He also reads his blocks well, and seems to have great instincts.  I know it's a highlight video of his best runs, but he seems to know when to hit the hole with purpose and when to set up his blocks.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

He did an awful lot of running backwards.  That kind of thing will lose yards 9 times out of 10.  It seems to be his first instinct behind the line.  Hopefully he can be trained out of that.

• Content Count:  2,118

wow, the kid looks pretty talented.

Archived