• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Adaris Bellamy video

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Originally Posted 5/23/2008

Bellamy ready to be a Bull.

Tampa, Florida -- With Adaris Bellamy at running back, big things are a distinct possibility. But not before a strong Spring.

"It's so important for our team to come out, get out of the way the things we need to, some of the basics,†Bellamy says. “So in the fall, you already know what you need to do and you can execute."

Consider Adaris ready. A school record 1,900 rushing yards as a Junior made the Dunedin star a known commodity. In late March, he became USF's first commitment for 2009.

"I made a couple visits and I fell in love,†he recalls. “ talked to the coaches, talked to a bunch of the players. I went to their junior day and everything just dawned on me, and I knew it was the place for me."

But Adaris has one more year at Dunedin, and facing another year of rivalry against the Largo Packers. The Packers have won the last four meetings, including twice in the playoffs.

"It's been a real good rivalry. They're a good team, we're a good team. Past couple years, they've been the one's coming out on top. Hopefully this year it will be a big change."

Count on Adaris to be the lead back in the turnaround.

Video story.

http://www.tampabays10.com/video/16x9/?aid=62248&sid=81090

Archived