• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's really beyond pathetic..

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

from Tim Stephens of the UCF Sentinel:

Might UCF and USF meet in bowl game someday?

posted by Tim Stephens on Mar 26, 2008 3:06:24 PM

This is the time of year in which conferences start behind-the-scenes talks to pin down their bowl tie-ins. A new bowl proposed for St. Petersburg in 2008 is expected to go to the NCAA next week, according to Brent McMurphy of the Tampa Tribune. If accepted as expected in late April, it would match a team from the Big East against a team representing Conference USA on Dec. 21 at Tropicana Field.

Gee, wonder who fans in these parts might like to see in that game? Can you say War on I-4?

If they can't work out a way to continue their regular-season series beyond this fall, a bowl game showdown between UCF and USF in St. Pete would be a hot ticket, no?

Link

:Duh

I've had easier breakups with hot looking girlfriends...that really existed.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

The Orlando Sentinel is the ultimate representative of UCF, it's fans and their opinions.

Naturally...

• Content Count:  5,241

What an awful concept

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

There is no "War on I-4"...when they beat us you might be able to consider it...but they wont.

• Content Count:  677

It isn't likely that both USF and UCF will be way down the totem poll in the same year.  is it possible?  Yes.  Probable?? no.  as of today there isnt alot of conf with spots open to fill this bowl,  Cusa/BE makes sense for now.  Cusa has at least  4 schools that could make a 10 to 12 hour drive out of it without air travel. 

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Last year, it was the Bore on I-4.  It was over before halftime and was one of the (if not the)  most lopsided games in Division 1 in 2007.

Yeah, I can see why UCF wants to keep playing.  ::)  Save the attendance bs... I've yet to hear one non-fiscal strategic reason why this game makes sense for USF to continue.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,472
  • Days Won:  13

Last year, it was the Bore on I-4.  It was over before halftime and was one of the (if not the)  most lopsided games in Division 1 in 2007.

Yeah, I can see why UCF wants to keep playing.   ::)  Save the attendance bs... I've yet to hear one non-fiscal strategic reason why this game makes sense for USF to continue.

if we had to play a CUSA team in a bowl game, I hope it is UCF or Southern Miss.

Could you imagine if we had to play Rice. LOL

• Content Count:  711

I guess "A" bowl is better "No" bowl.  But to be honest....if we end up in a Dec. 21st bowl...it'll mean we were mediocre at best for the season at best.  Same goes for USF...so a "hot ticket"?  Hardly...but I live in St. Pete...so that'd be an easy bowl trip, at least!

• Content Count:  711

Besides...there's kind of a lack of research here by the writer.  There's already the Birmingham Bowl between CUSA and the BE, right?

Archived