• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2009 Commits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,329
  • Days Won:  10

Welcome aboard Lindsey Lamar I am excited about your future with the USF bulls.

Garcia laments that 2008 was the only season in USF's history that there wasn't a Hillsborough grad on the Bulls' roster, but is excited to have Lamar continue the tradition. Just 5-foot-9 and 165 pounds, Lamar brings track-star speed -- he'll run sprints at USF when he's not playing football -- and could give USF the big-play running threat that Florida has found in smaller backs like Jeff Demps and Percy Harvin.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

Welcome aboard Lindsey Lamar I am excited about your future with the USF bulls.

Garcia laments that 2008 was the only season in USF's history that there wasn't a Hillsborough grad on the Bulls' roster, but is excited to have Lamar continue the tradition. Just 5-foot-9 and 165 pounds, Lamar brings track-star speed -- he'll run sprints at USF when he's not playing football -- and could give USF the big-play running threat that Florida has found in smaller backs like Jeff Demps and Percy Harvin.

He should be compared to Noel Devine.  Demps and Harvin are both close to 200 lbs.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  4,501

Harvin is listed at 195 and if he is a pound over 185 I would be shocked.  He is taller and sure is fast but when he went to Fl he was probably 170 soaking wet.  Lets just hope Lamar has some of the same moves Harvin had.  Don't really know about Demps.

• Content Count:  1,240

I really hope our staff sees something in Ivan Nicholas, Gerard Atkins, and Tyrone Williams. We seem to be at the point where we can get 3 star guys at will, and these 3 are 2 star guys who seemed to have no one else of note going after them.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The tape I have seen of Williams is good.  Fast and finishes a tackle. 

• Content Count:  573

In regards to the 2 star guys we have.  If you look at all of them, I believe 6 in total per scout.  They ALL offer something, either exceptional size and/or speed.  They weren't offered because we had to have them.  We wanted them for their potential.

Tyrone may be the only one that doesn't have exceptional speed or size but he's better than average.  I've seen some film too and was impressed.  He was also first team All State in his class.  I'm a little surprised he was never raised to a 3 star.

• Content Count:  622

Bradley Battles has been named First Team All State in 2A as a Defensive Back.

OL John McGhin has been named First Team All State in 2B.

1A-2B All state teams have come out. 3A-6A will come out throughout the rest of the week.

• Content Count:  622

4-A All State Team

-First Team

DL Ryne Giddins, Seffner Armwood, 6-4/230, Sr.

-2nd Team

WR Julius Forte, Boca Ciega, 6-4/235, Sr. ----as a WR... ;)

-3rd Team

RB Lindsey Lamar, Hillsborough, 5-8/165, Sr.

-HM

QB JaQuez Jenkins, Lakewood, 6-2/170, Sr.

QB Isaac Virgin, Fort Pierce Westwood, 6-4/235, Sr.

Other notables- Juniors in our area hopefully we will be after etc..

DB Jon Dowling Southeast, 6-3/185, Jr. --good size very athletic - Mike Jenkins school..

WR Allen Sampson, Plant, 5-8/150, Jr. --should shine next year w/o Orson Charles around.

DL Theodore Jackson, Armwood, 6-2/226, Jr. --aka "Man Man" should be a top recruit next year - might wanna follow Ryne..

DL Alton Bailey, Armwood, 6-4/263, Jr. --same as above..

LB Mike Mirabella, Plant, 6-0/200, Jr. --hell of a player..

Also, we need to keep that Lincoln pipeline going.. they have 8 players All State including a Sophomore...and several Juniors.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Bradley Battles has been named First Team All State in 2A as a Defensive Back.

OL John McGhin has been named First Team All State in 2B.

1A-2B All state teams have come out. 3A-6A will come out throughout the rest of the week.

Didn't see this mentioned, but I may have missed it:

I-A All State

First Team

Defense

LB Chase Griffiths, Tallahassee North Florida Christian, 6-3/225, Sr.

http://theprepzoneonline.com/AllState.aspx

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I really hope our staff sees something in Ivan Nicholas, Gerard Atkins, and Tyrone Williams. We seem to be at the point where we can get 3 star guys at will, and these 3 are 2 star guys who seemed to have no one else of note going after them.

I have faith that our staff knows what they are doing.  You don't want to miss out on the George Selvies just b/c you see a low star ranking.  Our staff doesn't look at stars... they look at the players and their talents and decide if they are worth going after... nothing more.  They decided these guys were worth it.  That is good enough for me.

Archived