• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoops prospects

Triple B

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

Does anyone have any info basketball recruits we're looking at and chances of getting them?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

I think Brambaugh is about 80%.  Flowers would be nice, we have a good shot being that it's us vs the Hall.  A couple of others I've heard we offers, one being a guard from I think Plant City.  That one makes no sense to me, when we need bigs. 

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

we need brumbaugh, and a center....

usfnation says we offered maurice sutton, he's a 6'10 center but only 190 lbs. evidently he is really good though besides the lack of weight. ranked higher than steve goins

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=2806415

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  2,407
  • Days Won:  5

We need Keith Brumbaugh.  With him in the post, and with some of the talent coming in I see NIT with NCAA Bubble on the Horizon

• Content Count:  4,016

With all the screaming for 'big'big'big'men'....it appears Stan Heath is correctly ignoring the screams.  He's going guards, and my guess with the four availables we have, obviously we already have McMillan and Teague, but I guess sharpshooting Jeremie Simmons from Mott JC will be added as well, and probably another big like Sutton.  My guess for the four available slots, if he takes a fifth then probably a wing.

He's clearly going up tempo, full-court transition basketball with a guard heavy push...very smart by Stan because in the BE we're just not going to win 8-10 conference games trying match our bigs with their bigs.  Dejuan Blair, Dante Green, Greg Monroe, Summers, stanley Robinson, Thabeet...I mean stop me when you don't see an all-american or four star PF, C, or SF on the court for every BE team.  The smarter equation is do it like Quette does or like Nova, run them silly and press the floor.  We're not going to win very many BE games trying to play conventional and try to hard to over-recruit bigmen, but if we go with a 3-4 guard set rotating McMillan, Jones, Mercer with Verdejo, and Simmons and bringing in Chin to play three when the staff wants to go big, or to play four when they want another shooter/slasher with range on the floor...we got a shot to steal more than an occasional game in the BE.  This way when our teams go hot from the field we can win somewhat unconventionally.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

With all the screaming for 'big'big'big'men'....it appears Stan Heath is correctly ignoring the screams.  He's going guards, and my guess with the four availables we have, obviously we already have McMillan and Teague, but I guess sharpshooting Jeremie Simmons from Mott JC will be added as well, and probably another big like Sutton.  My guess for the four available slots, if he takes a fifth then probably a wing.

He's clearly going up tempo, full-court transition basketball with a guard heavy push...very smart by Stan because in the BE we're just not going to win 8-10 conference games trying match our bigs with their bigs.  Dejuan Blair, Dante Green, Greg Monroe, Summers, stanley Robinson, Thabeet...I mean stop me when you don't see an all-american or four star PF, C, or SF on the court for every BE team.  The smarter equation is do it like Quette does or like Nova, run them silly and press the floor.  We're not going to win very many BE games trying to play conventional and try to hard to over-recruit bigmen, but if we go with a 3-4 guard set rotating McMillan, Jones, Mercer with Verdejo, and Simmons and bringing in Chin to play three when the staff wants to go big, or to play four when they want another shooter/slasher with range on the floor...we got a shot to steal more than an occasional game in the BE.  This way when our teams go hot from the field we can win somewhat unconventionally.

I like what your thinking. if we add a 5th when we place Aris Williams on medical scholarship(crossing fingers) I'd like it to be Patillo

• Content Count:  4,016

I like what your thinking. if we add a 5th when we place Aris Williams on medical scholarship(crossing fingers) I'd like it to be Patillo

That would be a nice line-up.  It seems he wants big men that can shoot too, and run too to help transition.  If we get Patillo, with Simmons, McMillan, Teague, Espinosa, and maybe Sutton.  That to me would be a very nice class.  Nothing flashy, no huge player but a bunch of rangy guys that can run the floor, shoot, and press.  To me that group gives us a real fighting chance with Mercer, and Jones, and Chin.  Only Teague seems like a project, but a project he probably uses at the five spot, not huge tall wise, but he's thick to eat space, appears mobile, and able to move and at least good to grab rebounds initially speaking.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I still pray that somehow Brumbaugh decides college is for him after all.  Not sure his ego, but his style and athleticism would help tremendously with a fast paced system.  I know that is a pipe dream, but we need at least 2 bigs on the roster that are big enough to at least play defense on the likes of Thabeet and Blair.  It doesn't have to be our bread and butter, but its gotta be there or we'll get eaten up. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  557

Does anyone know if Faber is still coming this weekend?

Per greg's blog we don't have a visit set up for him, but we are working on that........

Center Krys Faber, a USF target from Los Angeles, visited DePaul last weekend and now has the Demons even with Minnesota as his top choices, according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press. USF is still jockeying to get an official visit before he makes a decision ...

I don't think our chances are very good to land this kid. I think we have a better shot at Ben-Eze..... and man I can only hope and pray that we land him! 

Archived