• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rank in order of excitement the games you attended in 07

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

1-Auburn-great atmosphere, great road trip

2-WVU-RickRod will forever be our beatch!!

3-Oregon-crappy performance but fun trip

4-FAU-closer game than expected, stadium a dump

5-UCF-blah,blah,blah

6-Louisville-really enjoyed this after going to whoopin they gave us last year up there

7-UNC-solid performance, great weather

8-Cinncy-ugly, ugly game possibly cost us bcs bid, but nice comeback, still calling refs names

9-Elon-boring, expected result

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

1 - Auburn -- A great road trip.  The fans were amazing. The tradition.  The large crowd.  On the way into the game, an older Auburn woman said, "The only thing I've heard about your fans is that y'all are loud." Darn right!  I will never forget the way the stadium sounded on the toss to Hester.  From 80,000+ fans screaming to a split-second of dead quiet as the result settled in then 3,000+ USF fans in one corner screaming louder than ever.  War **** Bull!

Oh the chills

• Content Count:  695

Everyone except me went to like 8 games. I wish I had enough money to go to road games, even going to FAU would have been too costly for me and I wanted to go badly. But to go I had to turn down 150 dollars (what I made working that day) and then pay a bunch more and I wasn't expecting the game to be close, unfortunately it ended up being close. I hear that stadium was a dump anyway.

• Content Count:  108

For me,

1. WVU - Set a higher standard for USF football, what an awesome atmosphere that night, from the 66000 fans to the painted field to the national audience, to the overhead aerial shots throughout the game to the lighted skyscrapers, the whole city was behind this game.  This game will further define USF and be one of the landmark games that will always be remembered, kind of like the inaugural game.

2, Auburn - A huge SEC upset on the road in front of 85,000 fans.  This was our biggest win in terms of gaining national attention.  It was also our first win in front of over 60,000 fans and still our largest attended win.  Nice that we added 66000 to the list as well though.  Driving up was som much fun too, passing bull cars after bull cars, the whole trip was fantastic.  The pregame BBQ was one of the best I have been to.  Great road experience.

3. Rutgers - This was as an exciting enviroment for them as the WVU was for us.  Playing on a Thursday night in front of a soldout stadium and a national audience, the crowd was pumped and into the game, waving the homer hankies and playing Kernkraft 400 a bunch of times really added to the atmosphere of a great game. 

4. FAU - Wow, bringing 10,000+ fans on the road.  Close game, their fans really wanted the upset.

5. UCF - Always great to pile on the points vs the gnats.

6. Cinci - Open the game off with returning a kickoff for a td, set the tone for the afternoon.  Not sure how we let this one slip away, but our third straight game over 50,000 was awesome. 

7. UL - ALways nice to pound them into the ground. 

8. UNC - Not all that exciting, but a good win vs the ACC. 

9. Elon - Season openeer, waited the whole spring and summer for that day.

First of all, I'm very impressed and I envy you for getting to go to all of those games

Now my rankings...

1.  WVU--most electric game of my life

2.  Louisville--fantastic blow out over a fellow BE team

3.  UCF--always nice to put those of the lower tier back in their place

4.  FAU--close game, it was our first game after getting ranked up high and i was nervous throughout

5.  UNC--always enjoy a win

6.  Cincy--longest 1st quarter ive ever sat through.  seriously ugly/roller coaster.  but will always remember students throwing waterbottles after game (extremely sad)

7.  ELON--see number 5

• Content Count:  314

For those who were at Auburn know that when Grothe stepped back in the pocket and hit Hester for the winning TD in OT KNOW the moment was unforgettable....the best single sports moment I have ever had. Ridiculous!

~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~ ~U~

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Here's my list, only home games.........

1.  WVU- greatest game all year

2.  Louisville-  Opening kickoff TD, hard to beat

3.  Cincinnati-  Even though we lost it was exciting at the end of that game.

4.  UCF-  Ugly game but great to pile on the points on the tinmen.

5.  UNC-  Another ugly game in a little bit of rain

6.  Elon-  Pretty boring game aside from a great tailgate with my BullBacker bro's

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

This is hard for me, so I am going to bend the rules a bit.

GAME...

1. Auburn - great game, OT, the ups and downs with 4 missed FGs...

2. WVU - what a game, from kickoff to the final whistle, it was balls to the wall Bulls Football...

3. Cincy - I never thought we were out of it. Again, ups and downs

4. Oregon - OK, we got killed, but it was more interesting than (see below)

5. UCF - we won, most of the crowd left early.

NOT SO MUCH GAME RELATED BUT...

1. WVU - I cant explain the chills of looking up and seeing the packed house for the first time. It was 10x louder than AU...in OT...when we were in the huddle...all night...whole game...non-stop...friggin' awesome.

2. Auburn - To beat an SEC team, the tailgate, their fans (one woman interupted her phone call to see if me and my friends needed help finding the stadium), the reactions "USF!?!, we just lost to USF!?!, USF!?!", somehow when it went to OT I knew we were going to win.

3. UCF - I love kicking their ***

4. Oregon - It was a bowl game, good trip to El Paso, locals were great, the parents enjoyed their first Bulls Football game since 1997 (I think they are hooked).

5. Cincy - Though I didn't think we were out of it, I wasn't optimistic, the let down of how our fans so quicly abandoned the team after a couple of losses, coming home and seeing the BS on this board and Greg's blog (comments) about Grothe, being without our 3 of our top 5 receivers, the play of Courtney Denson (IMHO at least). This one was painful, and apparently I am still not over it.

Looking back, I am dissapointed that I didn't make more games. I made every home game when I was in town, but I have to work hunting around bulls football better next year now that I have season tix. Taking the stupid prof engineering exam didn't help either, but that is behind me now, so the full obsession can take over in the fall.

• Content Count:  1,254

1. WVU - Have always wanted to rush the field and I finally got to. Not to mention the game was unbelievable.

2. Cincinnati - This was an awesome game with an exciting ending.

3. FAU - Another fun game that saw us pulling it out. The stadium was full (even though very small).

4. Oregon - I know the result sucked, but El Paso was much more than I hoped for and it was a fun atmosphere.

5. Elon - First game of the season always adds something special even if it was a low tier team. I mean we didn't exactly pound them so the offense was keeping me on edge.

6. UNC - I like games in the rain, and anytime you get to beat an OOC BCS team it means something for the program.

7. UCF - By far my least favorite I attended. RIDICULOUSLY HOT with an outcome all of us expected. Not to mention it was way too hot.

• Content Count:  996

Posted by: USF Colby 

Insert Quote

Everyone except me went to like 8 games. I wish I had enough money to go to road games,

Don't worry Colby.  I too wish I had money to go to more games.  Every game I went to was on the scrimping and pennies concept.  For instance, Pitt...I really wanted to go and really didnt have the money.  But 4 of us piled into my little Scion XB, drove up Friday afternoon, got there Sat an hour before gametime..got ready in a Walmart bathroom, went to the game, (a player got us tix), and drove straight home after.  I always offer my car to students, so sometimes people sponsor some gas money.  I am always grateful for that support and I look forward to the day when I can do that myself..after I buy us a stadium of course!  :)  Anyways...it can be done, you just gotta find the shortcut.  My goal is to make every game next year...no matter what.  When the schedule comes out, Ill be filling 3 other seats in my car for all games.  The good thing is, away game tix will be free.  So, Ill let you know when that comes about!!  Anything to get more people there!  My pitt trip cost me $80 total. 

-Gurly

• Content Count:  12,293

#1- WVU: My mom and dad were there celebrating my moms bday...sold out home crowd...rushing the field...AMAZING WIN!!

this game was by far the best.....it was also my birthday 9/28/81

Archived