• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

R. Edsall pushing for 9th Big East football school

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

completely different Data we didn't just jump to the Big East

We spent one year in C-USA, or maybe it was two I try to forget.  We were just up from I-AA.  UConn jumped straight into Big East football, and they've done ok also. 

For it to happen, though, it most likely has to be a BE basketball school.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Add FAU, leave UCF in C-DOA

:thumbsup!!!

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Nova and Georgetown are two small private Catholic schools who have been playing football at low levels for years. Both operate at a budget 1/6th the size of current BE members.

USF started a football program with the intentions of going major

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Don't dee the point of a 9th team?

Ask ADs and coaches scheduling 4 games is MUCH esier than scheduling 5.

It's gonna happen one day, probably after the basketball conference splits...Which is also going to happen.

TCU would be my 1st pick. UCF, ECU second

Glad im not alone on TCU. 

how does TCU fit into the Big East ?

hey, maybe we can add Hawaii as well!

:Duh

i'd personally like to see Notre Dame or Penn State come over, although that's highly unlikely.

Troy would be a good southern option, although with AU and Alabama there isn't much room in the Bama market for them.

FAU is logical for the league, but not a very beneficial move for USF on the recruiting level.

if we take a D1AA school, i would suggest App State (of course) or UMass... although in App State's case, NC is not a big football market and they are probably content with all the championships they're winning. UMass, altho it's in Amherst (west MA), would attract the Boston market.  and unlike G'Town, their program is actually decent.

BC will not come back.  IIRC, they were the one school that was particularly adamant about getting out.

and saying that Miami, by re-joining the Big East, would be back in the title hunt is pretty insulting to our conference.  the Big East has been by far the better conference since realignment... if Miami can't win in the weak ACC, what makes u think they would be title contenders in a tough, deep Big East?

• Content Count:  1,894

because they dominated the big east...and i dont know if u realize but they are going to be unbelievable again in a couple years. Like herbst. said the sec...then its a huge drop off. We need miami and notre dame to come in and we will be right there. Notre dame's and Miami's history. We are already playing miami for a future rival. It it turns out to be good games. Why not? I know they hope with these classes now to dominate the acc but almost everyone in the acc got some great recruits. They are both in the same boats. If they didn't get such good recruiting classes it would seem more realistic. They seem to both be on track to get back to top dog status. I think these other teams you are mentioning.

TCU...MEMPHIS..UCF??..FAU?? come on why would you even mention the last two. It would be stupid for us. We just got rid of ucf and fau we should as well. We are trying to seperate from them.

someone said umass?? lol they are terrible in everything.

Southern miss is a good team on the rise in recruiting.

I say if we can't get a big team back or a recently ranked team than we need to just sit back and wait.

• Content Count:  385

I'm not saying I agree, but UCF seems like the logical choice if I were the choosing.

-getting teams to leave CUSA is easy

-chance at a possible rivarily and therefore a feature game for the BE every year

-they are in FL which helps in recruiting for all teams and helps round out the conference in terms of locations

TCU

-it's location hurts it the most

-has no ties to any other team

-would give some recruiting ties to texas

ECU

-besides skip nothing much

-Location fits

Notre Dame

-Ha! yeah right!

FAU

-the question here would be, why not UCF?  The only thing I can think of is that it is in Miami.  

I am not saying I like it, but it seems to make the most sense.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

TV market. The BE will look very heavily t this during the next expansion, which is why I think UCF will be the choice if they expand by 1 team.

Personally TCU would be a god get for TV, texas, and tradition

• Content Count:  6

nova beat rutgers a few years back and are competitive in 1aa football. i think notre dame should be forced to join the big east though. i think it is unfair that they can take a big east's bowl bid and play in the big east in other sports but not be part of the big east in football.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Don't dee the point of a 9th team?

Ask ADs and coaches scheduling 4 games is MUCH esier than scheduling 5.

It's gonna happen one day, probably after the basketball conference splits...Which is also going to happen.

TCU would be my 1st pick. UCF, ECU second

Glad im not alone on TCU. 

1) TCU - No brainer.  Huge DFW market, one of the largest markets in country.  As close or closer to rest of BE than Tampa is.  Also brings the Armed Forces bowl, although that's not a big factor.

2) Memphis - Great BBall and chance for FBall to improve rapidly.

3) ECU (Football only??)

119) UCF

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

TV market. The BE will look very heavily t this during the next expansion, which is why I think UCF will be the choice if they expand by 1 team.

Personally TCU would be a god get for TV, texas, and tradition

The DFW market is 2-3 times bigger than the olrlando market.  There are 6-7 million people in the metroplex.  More than Tampa and Orlando combined.

Archived