• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

R. Edsall pushing for 9th Big East football school

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I dont see the point in adding just 1 more team if we arent going to have a title game.

Add enough so we can have a title game and than itll be worth while. And one of em should be Notre Dame

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Why not give Georgetown a few years to get their football program ready for D1?  Traveling to DC would be great for a game.  DC is a huge TV market.  They should be able to find financial backing to support a move to D1.

Sure they will struggle a few years, but they will catch up.  Why not put a Big East team in that is already playing football?

• Content Count:  1,757

Adding UCF,Memphis, or ECU would be a massive downgrade for this conference. I hope that never happens

• Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

Adding UCF,Memphis, or ECU would be a massive downgrade for this conference. I hope that never happens

I would take Memphis, but we would have to drop a basketball school to make room for them. I would suggest we add two schools with decent football programs and let them develop once they are in the league.

• Content Count:  1,894

We absolutely cant add one of those cusa teams. I think if we could get notre dame in. Then convince miami to come back because they have yet to win anything since they left the big east. I think the big east rep has to be appealing to miami as they would get back into national championship picture the quickest. I just don't want any lesser quality teams.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

It'd be a downgrade but I don't know about it being a "massive downgrade".  However, at least ECU and UCF (don't know about Memphis) have shown that they are willing to spend money on athletics and can assure the BE that they will "step it up" if they are called to the big time.

IMO, we need to entice the Naval Academy to join the BE.  It is a respectable institution (understatement of the day) that helps raise Big East GPA's and brings the Washington DC market as well as the Army/Navy game into future BE television packages (more money for USF).

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

I dont see the point in adding just 1 more team if we arent going to have a title game.

Add enough so we can have a title game and than itll be worth while. And one of em should be Notre Dame

As dangerious as it is to use the word never.......Notre Dame will never join the BE (or any other conference) unless forced to by the NCAA. They make too much money and have too much freedom as an Independent to move their football team into a conference.

Love them or hate them, agree with it or disagree, Notre Dame football is pretty much a stand-alone "business" for the University and will continue to be run that way.

• Content Count:  1,757

Notre Dame will never join the Big East. The only way I see us expanding is if we had a decent established team. We cannot add another up and coming, or some crappy C-USA team. We will fall further in the BCS tie-ins with the addition of a team from a much lesser league.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

its not feasable for a "just football member"....what other conference would allow that.....unless its ND it shouldnt be anybody. and if people dont agree look at this...say West Virginia gets an offer to be in the SEC but for FOOTBALL ONLY..would ya'll want them here for everything else when their biggest moneymaker is doin it for another conference? now dont you think those other conferences (CUSA..MAC..MWEST and so on) would want to do that or allow that?? If it was me in those conferences I would be PISSED if my conference allowed another team to leave for football only but stay for everything else...its not fair

Archived