• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

R. Edsall pushing for 9th Big East football school

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Don't dee the point of a 9th team?

Ask ADs and coaches scheduling 4 games is MUCH esier than scheduling 5.

It's gonna happen one day, probably after the basketball conference splits...Which is also going to happen.

TCU would be my 1st pick. UCF, ECU second

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Don't dee the point of a 9th team?

Ask ADs and coaches scheduling 4 games is MUCH esier than scheduling 5.

It's gonna happen one day, probably after the basketball conference splits...Which is also going to happen.

TCU would be my 1st pick. UCF, ECU second

Glad im not alone on TCU. 

• Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Doesn't St. Johns play football? I mean Temple used to be in the Big East, St. Johns can't be worse than them can they?

But seriously I think it would be too hard. The Big East basketball conference already has 16 teams so I think Notre Dame joining is the only way expanding the conference to 9 teams could be done and they aren't going to anytime soon I don't think. Why would they confine themselves to playing a certain 8 teams every year, besides they have so many rivalries they would probably have to cancel a few to join which I am sure they would rather not do.

• Content Count:  1,757

Adding a ninth team will make future scheduling much easier for all Big East teams, no gimmicky, expensive conference championship game required.  Now how to do that and keep the conference heading in the right direction?  This is an easy one... completely bypass CUSA and try to get Maryland or Virginia to jump ship from the ACC.  Either would fit in either geographically, it would be PAYBACK on those ******** in the ACC, and screw them out of their championship game.  It it would be about an equal paycheck to either one of those schools and we wouldn't be "watering down" the conference.   

• Content Count:  1,991

Add FAU, leave UCF in C-DOA

The ACC football/basketball TV contract is a lot more than the BE'S were NOT pulling and teams from other BCS conferences.

Also...adding Georgetown or Nova I-AA football OVER an established I-A team from CUSA, MAC, or MWC would be a joke and should not even be an option

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Also...adding Georgetown or Nova I-AA football OVER an established I-A team from CUSA, MAC, or MWC would be a joke and should not even be an option

Really?  I'm glad no one thought that about us a couple of years ago.

completely different Data we didn't just jump to the Big East

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Edsall can want whatever he wants but I believe the Commisioner and the University Presidents' care about his opinion about as much as they care about mine. Nothing is going to change until after the BCS contract comes up again and then the basketball schools would have to split from the football schools. Edsall might as well be pushing for a 16 team BCS playoff at the end of the season.  ;D

• Content Count:  7,890

We absolutely cant add one of those cusa teams. I think if we could get notre dame in. Then convince miami to come back because they have yet to win anything since they left the big east. I think the big east rep has to be appealing to miami as they would get back into national championship picture the quickest. I just don't want any lesser quality teams.

Not Miami but I think BC needs to comeback to the BE

Archived