• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2009 recruiting speculation begins now with . .

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

aaron murray already holds like 13 offers... let's not get too excited about him.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,642

we need DL and OL next year

• Content Count:  500

aaron murray already holds like 13 offers... let's not get too excited about him.

13 times 2.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Ryne Giddins is a kid i want really really bad for next years class.  He would be a great replacement for when Selvie leaves and it would be huge for us to keep a big time local recruit like him home.  If we can pull it together and win the BE next year i think the flood gates open and we close several big time players in next years class. 

• Content Count:  526

Yes I'm back. Thanks Bulliever. 

Anyway. IMO we won't get Aaron Murray cuz he is big on Florida and Wake Forest.

But that doesn't matter,  I don't think he fits our system.

The big names to keep an eye on are Petey Smith and Jarvis Giles.  We have a real shot on getting those guys.

I think that both of them could be top 150 players.

Besides them, I'm confident that we will improve our recruiting class. 

• Content Count:  563

Who’s in your top 5 for 2009?

With the next national signing day only 52 weeks away, college football coaches from across the land already have targeted players in the Class of 2009.

So have I.

Below, you’ll find my list of Hillsborough County’s top five rising seniors (remember, it’s just my opinion). After giving it a look, tell us who you’d put in your top five and why.

1. Ryne Giddins, DE, Armwood (6-4, 230)

Quiet and humble off the field, Giddens is an absolute beast on it. There is no better pass rusher in the area, and might not be a better one in the state. As a junior, he had a school-record 21 sacks. Who’s offered him a scholarship thus far? Oh, only schools such as Florida, Florida State and Auburn. I put Giddens at the top because, quite frankly, I love good defense.

2. Aaron Murray, QB, Plant (6-0, 210)

One could certainly make a case for Murray being No. 1 on this list. As a junior, he passed for more than 4,000 yards and a state-record 51 touchdowns. Murray has incredible touch, but also can throw the deep ball remarkably well. Florida and Georgia, two schools that some people think will compete for the national championship next fall, are among those who have offered.

3. Petey Smith, LB, Armwood (6-0, 240)

Another All-American candidate, Smith will have the opportunity to play wherever he wants. He’s quick. He’s strong. He has terrific football instincts. And when he hits you, you’ll definitely feel it the next day. How good is Petey? Well, he will be a four-year starter for what has been the county’s most consistent program.

4. Demonte McAllister, DL, Alonso (6-3, 245)

Haven’t heard of him? Um, you will. Thus far, McAllister already has offers from Florida State, Florida, Auburn and Tennessee. Not bad, huh? McAllister is an explosive tackle who spearheads one of the county’s better defenses. After the spring evaluation period, expect his stock to rise on the recruiting websites.

5. Jarvis Giles, RB, Gaither (5-11, 178)

Okay, so he isn’t huge. So what. Giles can fly, has great moves and is a tough runner. As a junior, he rushed for 1,500 and that caught the attention of coaches from Florida and Tennessee. The Vols have offered. So has UCF.

Okay, who’s in your top five?

• Content Count:  563

Armwood junior Petey Smith stood in the background as his big brother, Eric, signed with Auburn on Wednesday.

Smith, one of the nation's top linebackers, wore a blue Auburn long-sleeved shirt and couldn't help but flash his trademark grin when asked if he's the next Smith brother bound for Auburn.

"It looks good right now," Smith said.

Smith said Auburn is in his top four, which includes Miami, Florida State and Ohio State. But Auburn has built a "personal relationship" with him and several other Hawks juniors; junior defensive back Angelo Hadley and defensive end Ryne Giddins promise to be two of the top recruits on next signing day.

"The (Auburn coaches) said they want all four of us," Smith said. "When their coach was in, he told us they were going to get Derek Winter (a Plant receiver). I didn't believe him at first. But they did. They said they really wanted more guys from Tampa."

Smith said he's spent the last few months trying to regain his playing shape. While missing several games due to a bladder infection last season, he said he put on a little too much weight (and topped off at around 270).

But now, he's back to around 245 and plans to get around the 225-range come football season. Right now, he's the starting leftfielder for the Hawks baseball team. His brother, Eric, also plays in the outfield.

Could they be teammates in college? Time will tell.

-- JOE SMITH

joesmith@sptimes.com

Posted by Hillsborough Preps at 4:20:46 PM on February 6, 2008 in Hillsborough County | Permalink | Comments (0)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/

• Content Count:  4,016

Yes I'm back. Thanks Bulliever. 

Anyway. IMO we won't get Aaron Murray cuz he is big on Florida and Wake Forest.

But that doesn't matter,  I don't think he fits our system.

The big names to keep an eye on are Petey Smith and Jarvis Giles.  We have a real shot on getting those guys.

I think that both of them could be top 150 players.

Besides them, I'm confident that we will improve our recruiting class. 

Murray doesn't fit the system we have as well, not as well as say BJ or Voss, and he's smaller than either of those guys.  Coming out of Plant Marve was more our style because he was real mobile to go with his live arm.

Forget Petey Smith, for now at least, he's going to be a touch sell regardless of what was said at his brother's signing- Petey has other schools he likes more.  Two big time Wood guys USF should and will concentrate on our Giddens (the real deal), and an OT transfer coming in from Durant-- big kid that is a versatile lineman something like 6-4 285lbs right now.  A great player. 

We've got a strong outside shot at Giles.

• Content Count:  574

Sarasota Booker stud tackle Arthur Jeffrey.

Word is he has USF in early top 5.

Would be a huge get.

He actually has us in his top 2 with LSU.  He also holds offers from UF, FSU, and Miami.  Looks like we are going to be big time players in the 09 class.  Think about that.  He has offers from all 4 state BCS schools and has us rated over all of them and on the same level as the defending national champs.  This guy is a must get and a program maker if we can land a recruit that is being recruited as heavily as him.

Archived