• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2009 recruiting speculation begins now with . .

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  563
  • Days Won:  0

Who’s in your top 5 for 2009?

Below, you’ll find my list of Hillsborough County’s top five rising seniors (remember, it’s just my opinion). After giving it a look, tell us who you’d put in your top five and why.

1. Ryne Giddins, DE, Armwood (6-4, 230)

Quiet and humble off the field, Giddens is an absolute beast on it. There is no better pass rusher in the area, and might not be a better one in the state. As a junior, he had a school-record 21 sacks. Who’s offered him a scholarship thus far? Oh, only schools such as Florida, Florida State and Auburn. I put Giddens at the top because, quite frankly, I love good defense.

2. Aaron Murray, QB, Plant (6-0, 210)

One could certainly make a case for Murray being No. 1 on this list. As a junior, he passed for more than 4,000 yards and a state-record 51 touchdowns. Murray has incredible touch, but also can throw the deep ball remarkably well. Florida and Georgia, two schools that some people think will compete for the national championship next fall, are among those who have offered.

3. Petey Smith, LB, Armwood (6-0, 240)

Another All-American candidate, Smith will have the opportunity to play wherever he wants. He’s quick. He’s strong. He has terrific football instincts. And when he hits you, you’ll definitely feel it the next day. How good is Petey? Well, he will be a four-year starter for what has been the county’s most consistent program.

4. Demonte McAllister, DL, Alonso (6-3, 245)

Haven’t heard of him? Um, you will. Thus far, McAllister already has offers from Florida State, Florida, Auburn and Tennessee. Not bad, huh? McAllister is an explosive tackle who spearheads one of the county’s better defenses. After the spring evaluation period, expect his stock to rise on the recruiting websites.

5. Jarvis Giles, RB, Gaither (5-11, 178)

Okay, who’s in your top five?

I really like your top 5 with the exception of Aaron Murray.  I'm not big on him and he's not big on us.

I would put Arthur Jeffrey at #2 instead.  We need studs on OL, like all of the "major programs"

Its from the St.Pete Times .

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived