• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2009 recruiting speculation begins now with . .

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Sarasota Booker stud tackle Arthur Jeffrey.

Word is he has USF in early top 5.

Would be a huge get.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

OT?

Awesome, lets get em comittted by spring game  ;D

• Content Count:  2,523

OT?

Why not?  A number of schools when they are recruiting someone they know is going to sign with them go ahead while they are there and try to use that momentum to lock down the best underclassmen.  It's no secret the staffs who are the best at it (USC) get great classes and keep their own in state every year.  Like I said in another thread, Tommy Bowden said he offered a kid who was a freshman this year last week when visiting another recruit.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

OT?

Yeah, this way everybody else will try to take him away from us even longer. LOL

Getting early verbals are a double edged sword, because it allows other schools to focus their attention on knocking only USF to the recruit.

I remember when Fayson give us a VERY early verbal and by the time he signed his LOI, we were no longer even in the picture.

I'd like to get some early SILENT verbals, but in this day and age that's not so easy.

At least, if there was an early signing period we could sign a player and wouldn't have to worry about him any longer.

• Content Count:  500

OT?

Why not?  A number of schools when they are recruiting someone they know is going to sign with them go ahead while they are there and try to use that momentum to lock down the best underclassmen.  It's no secret the staffs who are the best at it (USC) get great classes and keep their own in state every year.  Like I said in another thread, Tommy Bowden said he offered a kid who was a freshman this year last week when visiting another recruit.

UHHHHH I thought the NCAA cracked down on talking to underclassmen, and under the new guidelines this would be a major recruiting violation....

Jim Leavitt said -- at the Signing Day Party -- that he will have quite a few Juniors at the Notre Dame men's basketball game later this season.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Aaron Murray! Aaron Murray! Aarron Murray! ;D

BJ Daniels! BJ Daniels! BJ Daniels!

Archived