• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did you know?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

The player I think will the be udner estimated recruit may be Murray from Buford, GA. He looks pretty nasty.

Who do you think the low start premium recruit will be?

Is Murray from the same high school as Bogan? If so, I think he'll play great.

I gotta go with the popular pick in Quavon Taylor as being the Diamond in the Rough.

I also believe Bedford, Kion Wilson, but really its a crapshoot form here

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Kion is my new roommate. He is very excited to be here and make an impact. He said Leavitt is always telling him, "You're our guy next year. You're our guy."

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

wow--- kicker?

come on-- he's on the field for a handful of plays at best. Just becuase we recruit some wet behind the ears kid to kick for us doesn't guarantee we won't see a steady stream of urine flowing down his leg when he is standing in front of 80,000 fans trying to make a pressure filled kick.

you guys give Alvarado no credit whatsoever-- shameful.

THe impact will come from players who stop others from scoring and have the ability to score themselves.

Not from some dude who runs in when we get stuffed in the red zone. When we had Billy Gramatica--- and outstanding kicker -- one you would (and they did) draft--- it didn't make us unbeatable.'

that logic is pretty far fetched.

I think Delbert did what he could do, and I applaud him at that.  We were worse than awful until he stepped up.

But, we were not great at kicker.  No way Auburn should have gone into OT.  No way, no how. 

We need a really good kicker.  Remember when the Bucs sucked but Martin kept them into games.  There were at least 5 or 6 games during a playoff year that he made the difference.

We lost three games by 5 pts or less.  Two fieldgoals would have made the difference.  The kicker is a critical position, especially if you don't have one.

I am for them finding a great kicker and getting him on board ASAP...  It is the difference between winning and losing.  Remember, the kicker will probabably have #3 or #4 most points on the team as an individual...  You only notice when you don't have one.....  That is all I am saying...

• Content Count:  1,894

i think wilson will be the impact player to step and do exactly what moffit did but better,more athletic, and with more interceptions. I think bedford will cause some serious problems as he will be just like selvie. Marshall might also be an impact. I don't see Q playing all that much. I think our safeties did a pretty good job. Dont get me wrong if he needs to he will play. I think he is capable of it and wouldn't mind seeing him come and knock someone around. I just think he should get some  experience going against our wr's in the practice squad and then get out there. Our cb baker should make an immediate impact. I think he should be a true fresh and start and get the experience to be that guy as a junior and senior. He will probably take over where murphy was in the slot and move murhpy to mike's

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

wow--- kicker?

come on-- he's on the field for a handful of plays at best. Just becuase we recruit some wet behind the ears kid to kick for us doesn't guarantee we won't see a steady stream of urine flowing down his leg when he is standing in front of 80,000 fans trying to make a pressure filled kick.

THe impact will come from players who stop others from scoring and have the ability to score themselves.

Not from some dude who runs in when we get stuffed in the red zone. When we had Billy Gramatica--- and outstanding kicker -- one you would (and they did) draft--- it didn't make us unbeatable.'

I think Delbert did what he could do, and I applaud him at that.  We were worse than awful until he stepped up.

But, we were not great at kicker.  No way Auburn should have gone into OT.  No way, no how. 

We need a really good kicker.  Remember when the Bucs sucked but Martin kept them into games.  There were at least 5 or 6 games during a playoff year that he made the difference.

We lost three games by 5 pts or less.  Two fieldgoals would have made the difference.  The kicker is a critical position, especially if you don't have one.

I am for them finding a great kicker and getting him on board ASAP...  It is the difference between winning and losing.  Remember, the kicker will probabably have #3 or #4 most points on the team as an individual...  You only notice when you don't have one.....  That is all I am saying...

nice statement but incorrect. We lost two game by 3 and 5 points and one by 7 points.

Hey--- I'm all for improving our field goal performance but let's not overstate the situation. Turnovers (and trick plays) ultimately led to losing all those games. Why throw it all on the kicker missing or having a kick blocked?

• Content Count:  206

forgot to mention.....

Kickers can come in with tons of praise--- think Mike Benson--- and then not be able to kick an extra point let alone a FG of any significance.

I strongly advise you not to immediately assume that a kicking recruit is the answer to all our problems. THey could be-- but if not, Alvarado is our steadiest option, regardless of some fans opinion of how steady that is.

nice statement but incorrect.....think Mike Benzer. ;D ;D ;D

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

The player I think will the be udner estimated recruit may be Murray from Buford, GA. He looks pretty nasty.

Who do you think the low start premium recruit will be?

Is Murray from the same high school as Bogan? If so, I think he'll play great.

I gotta go with the popular pick in Quavon Taylor as being the Diamond in the Rough.

I also believe Bedford, Kion Wilson, but really its a crapshoot form here

Nope, Murray is from Buford, Georgia (suburb of Atlanta), while Bogan is from Thomasville, Georgia (suburb of Tallahassee).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

forgot to mention.....

Kickers can come in with tons of praise--- think Mike Benson--- and then not be able to kick an extra point let alone a FG of any significance.

I strongly advise you not to immediately assume that a kicking recruit is the answer to all our problems. THey could be-- but if not, Alvarado is our steadiest option, regardless of some fans opinion of how steady that is.

nice statement but incorrect.....think Mike Benzer. ;D ;D ;D

don't make me headbutt you

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

wow--- kicker?

Two of the games you are referencing, Delbert had good games and didn't play a part in the difference.  Cincinnati was a game that Delbert didn't figure in at all and the Rutgers game he didn't miss if I recall correctly.  The UConn game wasn't his best but it wasn't his fault.  I blame the lack of a red zone offense that cost us that one.  Also, if CJL called for a FG late in the game, we wouldn't have had to go for a TD at the very end.  

Alvarado was actually 3 or 4 FGs from having a good season in my opinion, but after all his stats I would have graded him out as a C for placekicker.  Put it this way, his percentage is better than our basketball FT percentage, and they don't have 11 guys rushing in and trying to block it.    

Archived