• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did you know?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Mike Jenkins, USF Class of 2003, was a 3 star recruit coming out of high school and

Stephan Nicholas, Class of 2002, Trae Williams and  Ben Moffit, Class of 2003 were only 2 star recruits.

For all the Bulls fans and the recruits of the 2008 class; like astrology do not pay much attention to the stars.

The player I think will the be udner estimated recruit may be Murray from Buford, GA. He looks pretty nasty.

Who do you think the low start premium recruit will be?

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I think one of our 2-star kickers has the best chance to make a huge impact.

Q Taylor I think will also be good for us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

hands down-- Kion Wilson is going to make the most impact on this squad imo

We won't miss a step at LB or D line with all the good guys we have coming in. secondary should be ok but it might be a little shakey to start. Kind of hard to replace two lockdown CBs who are heading to the NFL in a single recruiting class. We have some guys behind them but the experience level is simply not there.

• Content Count:  2,523

Make no mistake, KICKER will be the difference in putting us at the next level more than any other single recruit.  Had we'd been consistent in that department this season, we'd easily had won more attention as our wins would've been bigger and we'd have saved at least 2 losses and most crucially, would've not had that 3 game slide which killed us in every way possible.  Alverado did his best and I don't think badly of the kid at all.  You can only do what you can do and he was the best we had, but I'm sure he'd tell ya he'd be more than happy to concentrate on punting and pass the torch to someone who is more consistent.  If anything, Alverado should be a hero for taking on that chore and crap that got heaped on him bc he could've shrunk away from the job, but he didn't.  If anything, Leavitt should've gone for more of those 4th and less than fives knowing his kicker wasn't consistent keeping Alverado out of those extremely difficult and low percentage situations.  Especially with a QB who can run like Grothe.

wow--- kicker?

come on-- he's on the field for a handful of plays at best. Just becuase we recruit some wet behind the ears kid to kick for us doesn't guarantee we won't see a steady stream of urine flowing down his leg when he is standing in front of 80,000 fans trying to make a pressure filled kick.

you guys give Alvarado no credit whatsoever-- shameful.

THe impact will come from players who stop others from scoring and have the ability to score themselves.

Not from some dude who runs in when we get stuffed in the red zone. When we had Billy Gramatica--- and outstanding kicker -- one you would (and they did) draft--- it didn't make us unbeatable.'

that logic is pretty far fetched.

forgot to mention.....

Kickers can come in with tons of praise--- think Mike Benson--- and then not be able to kick an extra point let alone a FG of any significance.

I strongly advise you not to immediately assume that a kicking recruit is the answer to all our problems. THey could be-- but if not, Alvarado is our steadiest option, regardless of some fans opinion of how steady that is.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Nothing against Delbert, just saying that the kickers probably have the best chance at immediate playing time of the lesser "star rated" players.

oh-- true-- I agree with that.

wouldn't bet on it being a lock though-- all I'm saying

• Content Count:  1,777

I think one of our 2-star kickers has the best chance to make a huge impact.

Q Taylor I think will also be good for us.

I agree I hope one of the kickers whether it is Maikon Bonani or Justin Brockhaus-Kann can help with the FG. I think it will be Bonani in the end.

In regards to Q Taylor. Strong Safety all the way.  No need to add an additonal 20-30 pounds to be an OLB.  Keep your speed and keep hitting as SS.  He can certainly be a instant impact player.  Charlton Williams was good as a SS last year but he struggled in coverage and thats when Jerome Murphy, who is more of a CB than a SS, had to come into the game. 

USF's Secondary is going to be really nasty in the next couple years. It should make for some good matchups with UM. (I CAN NOT WAIT)

As always I have little to no concern about the LB position.  Leavitt and Company have been doign an excellent job since day 1.  Need I say more than Mitchell, Nicholas, Moffit. Not to mention the other guys who were on the orginal squad and had tryouts at the NFL.

OH forgot to mention that Selvie and Bedford on either end and if memory serves me correct Buie is still there.  I think I am about to cry. This is too much.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Mike, the kickers aren't on the field that much, but they make a huge impact. It's hard to stay ranked if we can't make important FGs or last minute ones.

But, just because he does come in with a lot of praise doesn't mean he'll live up to it... but, that is true for any player.

Archived