• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Article on Streeter visit

dh5158

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

January 27, 2008

Streeter Enjoys South Florida Visit

By Phil Kornblut

WR Tommy Streeter (6-5 200) of Miami made his official visit to South Florida over the weekend and got a good look at what the Big East program has to offer. "The first day we went to the ABC studio and got a tour," he said. "I'm interested in television and broadcasting. A lot of people from South Florida get internships there. Then we went across to the stadium and they showed us where we eat, and the lockerrooms, and where our parents seats. We went to dinner and John Gruden walked in and talked to us. He was with one of the band members from AC/DC. The next day we toured and saw the academic facilities. We went to the team banquet Saturday night at Busch Gardens. And I talked to the coaches this morning. I talked to coach Leavitt." Streeter is scheduled to visit Miami this coming weekend but said he's not sure about that trip right now. He also has visited USC, Oregon and Boston College. USC head coach Steve Spurrier is scheduled to make his in home visit Tuesday. Streeter said he does not have a favorite.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20080127/PSPORTS02/423443033/-1/psports

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The ABC visit is very big IMO.  Streets wants to be a communications/mass communications major so this is really up his alley.  For those that dont know he doesn't attend northwestern but rather a Tech school down there and he takes classes for video editing etc already and loves the whole broadcasting field.  This was a smart and major move by the staff having him visit there imo. 

• Content Count:  1,479

Thats brilliant on the ABC tour.

Gruden just hanging out w/ AC/DC? lol

• Content Count:  5,241

Sounds like USF did an incredible job with Streeter's visit.

Sounds like he'll leave us hanging until signing day thou, where he'll pick us!

• Content Count:  12,293

be careful of getting too excited.  the ole ball coach is making the in-home visit so he can lie straight to the face of streeter's family.

• Content Count:  5,241

I know spurrier is coming in, but lets look at the success his WRs have had in moving into a pro career: 0

We're closer to home for him

Tampa>south carolina for weather, TV and media, etc.

• Content Count:  879

Thats brilliant on the ABC tour.

Gruden just hanging out w/ AC/DC? lol

Brian Johnson (AC/DC) lives in Sarasota, I think, and is a big Bucs fan.  He's been on the Ron & Ian show on 620 before.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

be careful of getting too excited.  the ole ball coach is making the in-home visit so he can lie straight to the face of streeter's family.

CJL should be giving streeter and many of the other uncommitted guys in homes in the next week. 

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

While the ABC visit is great, it's not like South Carolina fed him table scraps and locked him in a close.

Can't read into the actual visit because they are all unique and all out when it comes to a kid like Streeter.

I've heard from very reliable people that he will probably be playing at South Carolina, but the fact that USF was last between the two doesn't hurt.

I've heard wewon't know til signing day. 

• Content Count:  4,016

While the ABC visit is great, it's not like South Carolina fed him table scraps and locked him in a close.

Can't read into the actual visit because they are all unique and all out when it comes to a kid like Streeter.

I've heard from very reliable people that he will probably be playing at South Carolina, but the fact that USF was last between the two doesn't hurt.

I've heard wewon't know til signing day. 

You also said he was probably going to verbal on his USC visit.  USC has things we don't, but we have things USF doesn't....your reliable source is guessing because everyone, even the most astute in this field have no idea where or what this kid is going to do.  All we can do is hope, and it's pretty clear this visit brought us at least to even with USC now let's see if we can close.

Archived