• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

State wide recruiting update provided by Ocala.com

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

You're right.  We get players who aren't special exemption players who actually work towards graduating.

Working towards....ha.  It only matters if you DO graduate and your rates look pretty poor.  Maybe the "working on" concept at UCiF leads a lot to be desired.  Not working for football or player graduation rates.

Compared to who, USF?  You mean the school with their last class having over 60% being special exempt players?  I wonder how many will qualify now that Leavitt is losing control of that part of the program.

DP, don't be so ignorant.  I'm sure you've seen the UCF report by now.  Graduation rates:  USF > UCF. 

It makes your argument look weaker.  We take special circumstances and still have a better grad rate. 

So explain the less than stellar APR?  A 910 is near sanction level.

Explain where you have room to talk with an overall grad rate of 46% for football and 40% for African Americans playing football?

Where's the actual NCAA data to back that?  Please don't give me the stuff from 2000-2001.  I think that little spreadsheet used the SAME data outside of the APR, which is published more up to date.

DP, 

You are smarter than that.  Don't play ignorant.  That report was published Dec 3, 2007.  It was based on incoming freshmen classes ending 2000-2001.  It is based on 6 year graduation rates.  So, 2007 (last year) minus 6 = 2001.   Do the Math.

IT IS A UCF REPORT.  IT MUST BE RIGHT AND UP TO DATE.  PUBLISHED 2 MONTHS AGO!!!  COME ON. 

They use a 6 year scale, but based on that, it doesn't take into consideration people who graduated in less than 6.  They won't be counted until their freshman year.  Players like Dominic Ignelzi, Sergio Joachim, LJ Anderson, Kyle Smith, and Michael Torres have already graduated and they are current players.  Obviously, none of them took 6 years since they were all eligible players in 2007.

Now, I'm no APR expert, but it looks like your football team is toeing the line.  I'm still waiting for a good explanation of that one.  The only reasons certain schools didn't get penalized is cause the 4th year of the APR is still pending(will be published this year).

Just so I understand, you are saying the APR for schools whose kids graduate in less than 6 years is lower than it would be otherwise?  If so we should have made Siasi Uhatafe stay in school a couple more years as he is one of ours who graduated in 3 years.

As for the USF APR, it was lower last year than it was 2 years ago.  We have had pretty high turnover the last few years which is primarily the result of moving from IAA, to IA independent, CUSA to Big East.  Every step the kids we bring in are more talented tha the ones here and a lot transferred as a result.  Who knows the academic shape they were in when they transferred as that does affect the APR.  I do not expect there to be any sanctions or loss of scholarships as steps have already been undertaken to improve on areas of potential concern.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Give it up, kid. Your UCF stats are about as accurate as Kyle Israel.

You guys talk and talk with all this "numbers" you pull out of nowhere, but you never produce on the field.

so until our new score this upcoming year, 64-12

Back to the sandbox, son.  The grownups were having a discussion.

Since you brought up Kyle Israel, his completion percentage was 58.4%, just a smidgen under your own deity Matt Grothe's 59.2%.  You'd best not ask about QB rating...or touchdowns...or interceptions.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

If Grothe played CUSA defenses each week, his numbers would be amazing. 

Back on topic.

DP, your excuses are bogus.  We have had kids graduate too in that time frame.  Are you saying the UCF researchers wasted their time in their study?  Is the study useless? 

A lot goes into those studies.  We had three kids stay and get their degree who could have gone to the NFL last year which will help our APR.  K Smith left early and UCF will be penalized for it.  I don't think that is fair.

According to the study,  USF does have a problem and they are trying to take care of it.  But for you to come on here and throw stones, when your grad rates are lower than USF's is crazy.

Enjoy signing day.

• Content Count:  5,241

Give it up, kid. Your UCF stats are about as accurate as Kyle Israel.

You guys talk and talk with all this "numbers" you pull out of nowhere, but you never produce on the field.

so until our new score this upcoming year, 64-12

Back to the sandbox, son.  The grownups were having a discussion.

Since you brought up Kyle Israel, his completion percentage was 58.4%, just a smidgen under your own deity Matt Grothe's 59.2%.  You'd best not ask about QB rating...or touchdowns...or interceptions.

Just to bring some more common sense to you:

Look at the Attempts Grothe had compared to Israel.

See you guys in September!

• Content Count:  2,239

Well of course his attempts would be higher.  He didn't have much of a running game to work with.

As for the APR, I don't like the system, but I understand why it's there.  It forces schools to be a little more choosey in who they recruit.

GOL's first(partial) class was 2004.  Many of those players are now graduating or getting close.  Players from the Kruz era were known to be academic risks and many didn't pan out.  I don't think Leavitt gambled as much as Kruz did.  That hurt UCF's graduation rates.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

reading ftu/ou/oc discuss their team is funny

dont they realize they havebeen humiliated 3 consecutive years

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

UCFers have a major inferiority complex.  I've said it before I'll say it again:

UCF is like the girl you thought you wanted to date when you were a young kid (1AA).  Unfortunately, she was not into you.  Then she says, hey why don't you take me out on a date (since you are a step up for her now).  You say, "Sorry lady you are too late I have already moved on to bigger and better thangs (CUSA back then, Big East now) and much hotter chics (UL, WVU, Cincy)."  She keeps pestering you and you give in, because back in the day (1AA) you had a crush.  The date sucked, you find out she is a skank, and brings NOTHING to the table.  Was it an easy lay? Yup (64-12), but you are looking for a serious relationship with some prestige (UM, UF?).  You tell her she could still be the woman on the side if she wants (2-1), but she refuses since she has a new faux fir (BHNS).  So you kick her to the curb and replace her with her hotter, younger sisters (FAU, FIU), who know their place.

That my friends is UCiF.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

UCFers have a major inferiority complex.  I've said it before I'll say it again:

UCF is like the girl you thought you wanted to date when you were a young kid (1AA).  Unfortunately, she was not into you.  Then she says, hey why don't you take me out on a date (since you are a step up for her now).  You say, "Sorry lady you are too late I have already moved on to bigger and better thangs (CUSA back then, Big East now) and much hotter chics (UL, WVU, Cincy)."  She keeps pestering you and you give in, because back in the day (1AA) you had a crush.  The date sucked, you find out she is a skank, and brings NOTHING to the table.  Was it an easy lay? Yup (64-12), but you are looking for a serious relationship with some prestige (UM, UF?).  You tell her she could still be the woman on the side if she wants (2-1), but she refuses since she has a new faux fir (BHNS).  So you kick her to the curb and replace her with her hotter, younger sisters (FAU, FIU), who know their place.

That my friends is UCiF.

I would have replaced faux fir with a bad boob job.  Thats exactly what BHNS is, a bad boob job. 

• Content Count:  2,523

That my friends is UCiF.

LOL 

Archived