• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

State wide recruiting update provided by Ocala.com

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

You're right.  We get players who aren't special exemption players who actually work towards graduating.

Working towards....ha.  It only matters if you DO graduate and your rates look pretty poor.  Maybe the "working on" concept at UCiF leads a lot to be desired.  Not working for football or player graduation rates.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

You're right.  We get players who aren't special exemption players who actually work towards graduating.

Working towards....ha.  It only matters if you DO graduate and your rates look pretty poor.  Maybe the "working on" concept at UCiF leads a lot to be desired.  Not working for football or player graduation rates.

Compared to who, USF?  You mean the school with their last class having over 60% being special exempt players?  I wonder how many will qualify now that Leavitt is losing control of that part of the program.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Compared to who, USF?  You mean the school with their last class having over 60% being special exempt players?  I wonder how many will qualify now that Leavitt is losing control of that part of the program.

DP, don't be so ignorant.  I'm sure you've seen the UCF report by now.  Graduation rates:  USF > UCF. 

It makes your argument look weaker.  We take special circumstances and still have a better grad rate. 

DP, don't be so ignorant.  I'm sure you've seen the UCF report by now.  Graduation rates:  USF > UCF. 

It makes your argument look weaker.  We take special circumstances and still have a better grad rate. 

So explain the less than stellar APR?  A 910 is near sanction level.

Explain where you have room to talk with an overall grad rate of 46% for football and 40% for African Americans playing football?

Explain where you have room to talk with an overall grad rate of 46% for football and 40% for African Americans playing football?

Where's the actual NCAA data to back that?  Please don't give me the stuff from 2000-2001.  I think that little spreadsheet used the SAME data outside of the APR, which is published more up to date.

Where's the actual NCAA data to back that?  Please don't give me the stuff from 2000-2001.  I think that little spreadsheet used the SAME data outside of the APR, which is published more up to date.

DP, 

You are smarter than that.  Don't play ignorant.  That report was published Dec 3, 2007.  It was based on incoming freshmen classes ending 2000-2001.  It is based on 6 year graduation rates.  So, 2007 (last year) minus 6 = 2001.  Do the Math.

IT IS A UCF REPORT.  IT MUST BE RIGHT AND UP TO DATE.  PUBLISHED 2 MONTHS AGO!!!  COME ON. 

DP, 

You are smarter than that.  Don't play ignorant.  That report was published Dec 3, 2007.  It was based on incoming freshmen classes ending 2000-2001.  It is based on 6 year graduation rates.  So, 2007 (last year) minus 6 = 2001.  Do the Math.

IT IS A UCF REPORT.  IT MUST BE RIGHT AND UP TO DATE.  PUBLISHED 2 MONTHS AGO!!!  COME ON. 

They use a 6 year scale, but based on that, it doesn't take into consideration people who graduated in less than 6.  They won't be counted until their freshman year.  Players like Dominic Ignelzi, Sergio Joachim, LJ Anderson, Kyle Smith, and Michael Torres have already graduated and they are current players.  Obviously, none of them took 6 years since they were all eligible players in 2007.

Now, I'm no APR expert, but it looks like your football team is toeing the line.  I'm still waiting for a good explanation of that one.  The only reasons certain schools didn't get penalized is cause the 4th year of the APR is still pending(will be published this year).

• Content Count:  5,241

Give it up, kid. Your UCF stats are about as accurate as Kyle Israel.

You guys talk and talk with all this "numbers" you pull out of nowhere, but you never produce on the field.

so until our new score this upcoming year, 64-12

Archived