• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good prospect on USF's radar

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

CANES have other needs, so this guy will probably not get offered

Miami Northwestern High School has already been a commitment pipeline for the Canes this year.

And another Northwestern senior hopes to join his teammates as a Hurricane next year.

Offensive guard Terell Killings hasn't allowed a sack in two years as a starter, and quarterback Jacory Harris is pulling hard for him to get a UM offer.

Killings says he spoke to a Cane coach for the first time yesterday.

"I've been getting mail from Miami, and their coach told me yesterday that they were in the process of evaluating me and I should get some feedback from them soon," the 6-foot-4, 290-pounder said.

Killings only lists one Division I offer so far: From Memphis. He says Harvard has also offered him an academic scholarship – he has a 4.3 weighted grade-point average and 1060 SAT score.

If Miami offers, Killings knows where he'd likely be heading.

"I'd probably go there if Miami offers," he said.

Killings is also getting phone calls from coaches at USF and UCF.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

4.3 and 1060 gets you into Harvard?  Talk about "special exceptions" admissions.

Kid should take that Harvard education if its there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,493
  • Days Won:  13

Miami Northwestern High School has already been a commitment pipeline for the Canes this year.

And another Northwestern senior hopes to join his teammates as a Hurricane next year.

Offensive guard Terell Killings hasn't allowed a sack in two years as a starter, and quarterback Jacory Harris is pulling hard for him to get a UM offer.

"I've been getting mail from Miami, and their coach told me yesterday that they were in the process of evaluating me and I should get some feedback from them soon," the 6-foot-4, 290-pounder said.

Killings only lists one Division I offer so far: From Memphis. He says Harvard has also offered him an academic scholarship – he has a 4.3 weighted grade-point average and 1060 SAT score.

HARVARD with a 1060?

Wow I knew I was smart, I could have gone to Harvard

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

HARVARD with a 1060?

Harvard takes a lot of things into account when making admissions decisions.  A much more personalized approach.

• Content Count:  6,928

Killings is also getting phone calls from coaches at USF and UCiF.

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

HARVARD with a 1060?

Harvard takes a lot of things into account when making admissions decisions.  A much more personalized approach.

yeah, like are you 6'4" 290lbs and play football.

HARVARD with a 1060?

Umm coming out of High School 6'5 310 and did play football.

By the way Ivy League schools do not give out Athletic Scolarships.

HARVARD with a 1060?

Umm coming out of High School 6'5 310 and did play football.

By the way Ivy League schools do not give out Athletic Scolarships.

The anwser is black and white.

• Content Count:  2,523

They actually do, but they're not called athletic schollies.  I know, I had a load of them for baseball when I came out of highschool with a 4.5 gpa, IB diploma and a 1270 SAT.  I never once had anyone but a coach from those schools call me and talk about coming there.  They called them "leadership", "presidential" etc. scholarships which were even better bc if you were cut, you still got to keep going there.  Hence why their sports teams will never be up to par with more "athletic" minded universities.  Not only is your pool of potential players smaller, way smaller, but that initial offer they are pretty much stuck to live with.

• Content Count:  500

They actually do, but they're not called athletic schollies.  I know, I had a load of them for baseball when I came out of highschool with a 4.5 gpa, IB diploma and a 1270 SAT.  I never once had anyone but a coach from those schools call me and talk about coming there.  They called them "leadership", "presidential" etc. scholarships which were even better bc if you were cut, you still got to keep going there.  Hence why their sports teams will never be up to par with more "athletic" minded universities.  Not only is your pool of potential players smaller, way smaller, but that initial offer they are pretty much stuck to live with.

Try to not toot your own horn online. We get it your are a Greek God. Not only a physical specimen athletically but a genius with an IQ of 170!!!

Archived