• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Last 6 minutes...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  211
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, I went to the B-Ball game at the forum and we were doing REALLY well.... up to a point.  It was around 6 min to go i think, but it may have been between then and 11 minutes. 

We were being VERY competitive until we got those 2 technical fouls.  I don't really understand basketball as much as football, but I'm not really sure what it was that Gransberry did that got the foul.    Anyways, the 2 FT points, plus the automatic possession that led to a bucket by WVU put this game down the drain.    We made a few mistakes on offense right then too, which of course were capitalized on.    From then on out it was foul party in mad attempts to close the score, but WVU kept hitting all their FTs.

A note: someone said this earlier, but Gransberry DOES draw a lot of fouls.  SAD THING IS, HE CAN'T MAKE A FT!!!!!  he had 1pt from FT that whole game.... must've been fouled 9 times.  I don't know what his percentage was, but it was TERRIBLE!    Also, if DJ is so good, why doesn't he take more shots?  seems like we just pass a lot until we get a crappy 3, a KG foul, or the steal the ball away.

All I know is we should have won that game and it makes me pretty angry. 

BTW  I think i saw girlybull on the megatron in a hockey jersey at the end of the game.

Anyways, I hope Heath takes the positives of this game to motivate and inspire confidence, I hope he puts KG on the line ALL NIGHT for his FT practice, and they need to get better at their offensive schemes.  I was at the Pitt game, and I've noticed something.  I forget the name of this technique, its at the tip of my toungue,  but you know when a player w/o the ball gets in the way of the other defender?  I think its called a pick.  yeah we NEVER do that.

Anyways,

thats all folks

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

It was like Seth was coaching again.  We were in the game except the last handfull of minutes, then we got blown away.

Granted, CSH does not have a deep bench yet - in two years he should have.

WVU was top 10 earlier in the season, they are a good team.  We just couldn;t hang the entire game.

Gurlybull was there.  Wearing the hockey jersey.  I cannot wait until I get mine.  They are really cool.....

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Fun time at the game by the way. I hope we get more games at the Forum during XMas break next season. I think we will get this in gear next season. Until now, sit back and relax.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Why didn't Orane Chin play at all?  Did he just go from starter to not even playing?  I know he wasn't that good but he is so atheltic, has to be better then esseguir,

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Why didn't Orane Chin play at all?  Did he just go from starter to not even playing?  I know he wasn't that good but he is so atheltic, has to be better then esseguir,

Been a sour puss at practice.  Heath trying to send a message.

• Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

I say, let's hold another all campus try out, just like Mac did. Then the players will start playing ;)

From Greg's report:

"I wanted to get his attention," Heath said. "Nothing serious, nothing earth-shattering, but I just didn't feel like he'd made the commitment in the last two days to play today."

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/21/Sports/Nothing_new_about_los.shtml

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

We were being VERY competitive until we got those 2 technical fouls.  I don't really understand basketball as much as football, but I'm not really sure what it was that Gransberry did that got the foul.     Anyways, the 2 FT points, plus the automatic possession that led to a bucket by WVU put this game down the drain.    We made a few mistakes on offense right then too, which of course were capitalized on.    From then on out it was foul party in mad attempts to close the score, but WVU kept hitting all their FTs.

Gransberry was swinging his elbows after gaining the rebound in an attempt to clear the lane.  This used to be pretty much allowed, but if you get the elbows away from your buddy it is a foul and that is a point of emphasis this year.  The 2 FT weren't from the foul though.  Stan Heath got T-up for something he said on the sideline.  I totally agree with you that up until Stan's technical it was a very good game.

Anyone close enough to hear what Stan said to the official?  I was in section 202 and noticed Stan calling the official over and saying something.  You could see the official holding his hand out and saying something like "Cool it or you will get a technical".  Stan said one more thing and got the technical.  Not sure if Stan was out of control or trying to inspire his team.  At the time USF was down by 1 so giving away 2 pts to try and get some emotion out of the team seems like a lot.

Some other notes:

I can see Stan's frustration in the third foul call on Gransberry.  The officials had laid two weak charging calls on him in the first half, both of which took baskets of the board for USF.  The second charging on Gransberry came with about 3 minutes in the first half and USF was up ~25 - 18.  Heath set Gransberry, not wanting to get a third foul on him in the first half.  At the time it looked like the right decision, but without Gransberry our entire team looked lost.  The offense couldn't set-up, the defense had no interior present, and I don't know that we got a rebound before half-time.  Without Gransberry WVU went on an 8 - 0 run to take a 1 point lead into the half.  If we don't find another big man next year could be tough.

Jones was a force in the first half.  He was quick, seemed to find his way to ball.  Not sure if he ran out of energy or lost interest in the game but it didn't seem like he was there in the second half.  I haven't looked at any stat sheets, but every time I looked up Jones seemed content to just stay covered.  Really was strange.

I really wasn't that disappointed in the game.  All I would really like to see out of USF Basketball for the next two years is a good competitive game.  If we only win 3 BE games a year but are in almost all of them that is fine.  Until the very end this was a fun game to watch.  Worth the cost of tickets and the drive from Melbourne.

Proved that we have a long way to go.

This team needs a Big East Level Power Forward.

0 points from the 4 and I think 3 boards.

Archived