• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

You all need to go look at the USF thread on the UCF site about your record in C-USA and the Big East, lol.

I never knew all that.

:o :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

You need to go to that thread where I asked you what UCF's biggest win in football history was.

I honestly didn't expect that.

I saved him the trouble ....

Our greatest win had to be in 1998 when we had UGA (#8) on the ropes.  At the last second, the SEC refs threw a phantom flag and home cookin screwed us over.  We all wept and so did our announcer becausewe got jobbed.  I will always count that as a win despitethe final box score.  It was a Culpepper led team that day in Athens.

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=44927.msg921142#msg921142

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

You all need to go look at the USF thread on the UCF site about your record in C-USA and the Big East, lol.

I never knew all that.

UCFChap, if I wanted to be like a typical UCF fan and grasp onto moral victories, take a look at the year C-USA would not let us be full members.  But we played 5 C-USA teams and won each game.  But instead I will just tell you, you guys are 1-8 versus Florida teams that is sad.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37331&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2002

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

I never knew all that.

Really?  I think it is more funny how your fans have any sense of superiority regarding USF or our play against superior competition.  We beat you head to head in an embarrassing fashion.  The closest game was in the citrus bowl and even that one was not very close.  They're forgetting how horrible your team has been in every year but last and they don't grasp that last year was an example of mediocrity against weak competition.  Not a moment of greatness.  It's hard to not post on that board, but over the years I've learned to let the deluded be deluded as they will prove their idiocy.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I never knew all that.

I'm pretty sure we're all aware of our conference records.

I guess your fans are well aware of your record against USF on the football field since they won't want to start a thread about that.

The C-USA we played in was much tougher than what you have to contend with. Case in point, ECU has won just as many Conference Titles as UCF and we have beaten them every time we've played them (guess UCF should know about that in regard to USF).

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

This has been in the pipes for a while.  I remembered reading about this Chicago guy a long time back.  Its weird we're just now hearing about it unless I'm missing something and this is a different fellow?

Its the same fellow.

It's just typical NCAA taking their time.   

The news a few months ago was just that the NCAA got wind of it and stating they will look into it

Now they are actually sending UCF an official notice.

Means they must have found something... and its definitely not good since they are still under probation

The NCAA supposedly at any one given time can have over 100 investigations on-going I read once.  Many minor, some major, some baseless.  The NCAA makes it a priority to investigate any credible lead, and many times they lead to nothing and the NCAA never sends anything to a school.  When the NCAA sends a letter like the one they sent to UCF it means they've found something, it's credible, and it's for both football and men's hoops.  They're now giving UCF a chance to respond.  But if you read Caldwell's newspaper interview he was made because he was the 'last person' the NCAA called.  They've spoken to at least dozens of HS coaches, players, and families already regarding UCF.  They already know that Caldwell's son was suddenly given a tutoring position in the athletic office that last fall, they know Caldwell didn't originally know a lot of these kids....and BTW, if Caldwell's son is an employee of UCF, and Caldwell is speaking to athletes, he didn't know previously, about UCF.  That is an automatic violation.

A UCF fan can spin it that Forde and Pitino were jealous, but the fact is that is a violation.  Schools turn other schools in all the time for violations so why is it a shock to them.

I never knew all that.

I guess your fans are well aware of your record against USF on the football field since they won't want to start a thread about that.

The C-USA we played in was much tougher than what you have to contend with. Case in point, ECU has won just as many Conference Titles as UCF and we have beaten them every time we've played them (guess UCF should know about that in regard to USF).

Hard to even debate with ignorant people with inferiority complexes.  They always glean on the most mundane, and asinine point or reference...that albeit doesn't prove their point at least makes them feel better.

USF is 4-0 against those jack-holes, we're 14-3 against FL teams (yes I am counting victories against FAMU and Miami this year) since 2000.  They're 1-8 and their sole victory was a last second thriller against FAU.  Since 2005 USF is 6-0 against C-DOA teams, wheras UCF is 0-7 against Big East teams.  USF's average margin of victory in that time was 21+ppg, whereas UCF's average margin of loss was approximately 25ppg.  In that time UCF faced six of the seven were bowl contenders, USF five out of six.  Twice USF beat UCF when they were either a division champ or the outright winner of the conference.

At this point is there any question who's had the better team the past 6-7 years?  Really?  FIU has won a Sunbelt conference champ too but they're not ignorant enough to brag to us about it.  It's the real life equivalent of a jv team bragging to the varsity because they won jv districts and varsity did not.  Really?

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

FIU has won a Sunbelt conference champ too but they're not ignorant enough to brag to us about it.  It's the real life equivalent of a jv team bragging to the varsity because they won jv districts and varsity did not.  Really?

Love it!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I never knew all that.

Hard to even debate with ignorant people with inferiority complexes.  They always glean on the most mundane, and asinine point or reference...that albeit doesn't prove their point at least makes them feel better.

USF is 4-0 against those jack-holes, we're 14-3 against FL teams (yes I am counting victories against FAMU and Miami this year) since 2000.  They're 1-8 and their sole victory was a last second thriller against FAU.  Since 2005 USF is 6-0 against C-DOA teams, wheras UCF is 0-7 against Big East teams.  USF's average margin of victory in that time was 21+ppg, whereas UCF's average margin of loss was approximately 25ppg.  In that time UCF faced six of the seven were bowl contenders, USF five out of six.  Twice USF beat UCF when they were either a division champ or the outright winner of the conference.

At this point is there any question who's had the better team the past 6-7 years?  Really?  FIU has won a Sunbelt conference champ too but they're not ignorant enough to brag to us about it.  It's the real life equivalent of a jv team bragging to the varsity because they won jv districts and varsity did not.  Really?

Fixed before Chad fixates on the typo in an attempt to deflect from reality. 

I never knew all that.

Fixed before Chad fixates on the typo in an attempt to deflect from reality. 

Thanks ;D  Good catch.  I read it too but no modify on this thread didn't allow me to change my typo.