• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

pwned

he's not getting forced to Orlando, he had other options..and again they cut the whole interview. He'll make it to Orlando(maybe), probably love it or become a locker room cancer when Godfrey mind fs him in practice and either accept he wont' start right away or be looking elsewhere again in a year but the insinuation that 'UCF is a mistake' is just sour grapes on the talent that is considering our great institution  ;D another example

Senior wide receiver Avery Johnson showed why he's the No. 1-ranked pass catcher in the state Saturday at the UCF 7-on-7 tournament. What he does on the field, however, was already a well-known fact about 6-foot-3 the Pompano Beach Blanche Ely star.

What he said off the field following his team's elimination from the tournament was somewhat shocking. He's committed to LSU anjd has been since September of last year. His brother Patrick Peterson also played at LSU until heading into the NFL draft early. The defensive back was selected in the first round of the April draft by the Arizona Cardinals.

Johnson, however, is not as solid with LSU as everyone may think. In fact, his team's trip to UCF on Saturday got him to thinking.

"Not necessarily. Things happen," Johnson said of his commitment being solid. "I actually like UCF right here. They have a beautiful campus. I'm going to take an unofficial trip up here this summer."

Johnson seemed excited about the idea of playing for UCF.

"I think I'm going to like it," he said. "Orlando is a beautiful city and nice place to stay. Things may change."

"I'm going to take the unofficial visit here to UCF, and then I'm going to also get out to Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Alabama and then LSU," Johnson added.

Johnson is ranked as the No. 4 player overall in the Sentinel's Florida Top 100.

Chris Hays is the Sentinel's recruiting coverage coordinator and can be reached at chays@tribune.com.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-06-05/sports/os-recruiting-avery-johnson-ucf-0605_1_ucf-coverage-coordinator-lsu

not a conspiracy, recruits are noticing UCF and getting looks from top prospects from CUSA. can USF say the same other than transfers looking to 'start over'?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

also didn't show the whole interview...

Please, feel free to post the whole interview ...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

he's not getting forced to Orlando,

Oh, so UCF is considering doing a 180 and granting Smith a release after all? Smith has made it clear that he doesn't want to be in Orlando and has asked for a release from his grant-in-aid.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

keep reaching for blog material.

Were you scared to click on the link or what??

He must be.  I'm sure he doesn't realize that it was a video with those words coming directly out of Smith's mouth.

Wow! :jawdropper  What he said on that video has to have any UCiF fan shaking.  They're moronic to bring this kid in but it all plays along with O'Liar's nasty temperament.  As a curmudgeon he couldn't let this kid get the better of him...but it's pretty clear the kid is singing like a canary, and he 'can't comment' because there is an investigation behind it.

WE'LL ALL see what happens but there is no way this ends nicely for UCF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Well that was a waste of time...

+1

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Without even looking at it .... beaming up.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

That made my day.  Now I am going to go watch USF beat FSU something UCF has never done.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Randy... I want that two minutes of my life back...  ::)