• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I hope this blows up in UCiF's face, in O'Liar and all his double dealing face, and in college football's face.  Call the kid what you want but it was a tough decision, if he regrets it the NCAA should allow him out with no penalty if he can show reason, at worst he should be allowed out and be allowed to go to whatever school he wants providing he must sit a year.  Be humane O'Liar shouldn't have the right to decide this child's fate like he is a deity and can bargain and parcel with this kid's livelihood.  The NCAA should give no school or coach that kind of power.

This is what's going to happen.

Yah, he's a "kid" but he needs to learn that there are consequences to his actions. Maybe he won't be so quick to sign a binding contract in the future.

Chalk it up to a learning experience.

Binding contracts are a two way street my friend...UCF must honor their end of the bargain just as he must.  That also means they cannot coerce, eroneously represent, knowingly and overtly lie to secure his signature.  You and I are protected by law from someone that does this, and so why just because Smith's family doesn't have the means to secure an attorney he's suppose to 'chalk it up to a learning experience'.  That's more a socio-economic issue then reality because in reality if UCF did what the kid and his parents are saying they did he could sue them and get an immediate release. 

Learning experience perhaps, but a painful one and not one he should have to endure if they did what he is claiming. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639

I hope this blows up in UCiF's face, in O'Liar and all his double dealing face, and in college football's face.  Call the kid what you want but it was a tough decision, if he regrets it the NCAA should allow him out with no penalty if he can show reason, at worst he should be allowed out and be allowed to go to whatever school he wants providing he must sit a year.  Be humane O'Liar shouldn't have the right to decide this child's fate like he is a deity and can bargain and parcel with this kid's livelihood.  The NCAA should give no school or coach that kind of power.

Yah, he's a "kid" but he needs to learn that there are consequences to his actions. Maybe he won't be so quick to sign a binding contract in the future.

Binding contracts are a two way street my friend...UCF must honor their end of the bargain just as he must.  That also means they cannot coerce, eroneously represent, knowingly and overtly lie to secure his signature.  You and I are protected by law from someone that does this, and so why just because Smith's family doesn't have the means to secure an attorney he's suppose to 'chalk it up to a learning experience'.  That's more a socio-economic issue then reality because in reality if UCF did what the kid and his parents are saying they did he could sue them and get an immediate release. 

Learning experience perhaps, but a painful one and not one he should have to endure if they did what he is claiming. 

:lol

Godfrey was his host

USF fans are so caring for these poor players getting offered the chance to play the game they love and go to school for free. What a great group of fans. He had a over a year to make his decision, he made it 2 days after signing day on local TV to announce he was leaving his hometown. It doesn't get more 'look at me' than that, but he's the victim  ::)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

:lol

Godfrey was his host

USF fans are so caring for these poor players getting offered the chance to play the game they love and go to school for free. What a great group of fans. He had a over a year to make his decision, he made it 2 days after signing day on local TV to announce he was leaving his hometown. It doesn't get more 'look at me' than that, but he's the victim  ::)

Which decision? .... and what date was the visit where Godfrey hosted him?

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Damarcus fell in and out of love  with UL several times over the last 18 months. I think the coaching staff realized that by signing TB, it forced his (Damarcus')  hand..and evidently made him waiver.  He was always a verbal....well at least he was, then not was then was..then no,t was..you get the idea.

He made an official visit to UCF on 1/21/2011...Godfrey was his host and guide.  His LOI is listed as being logged in on 2/4/2011.

If his release has merit, he willl win his appeal, and I expect he will if hein fact  files the appeal.  I wish him luck. He has had some very adult decisions to make and it has not gone well.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Damarcus fell in and out of love  with UL several times over the last 18 months. I think the coaching staff realized that by signing TB, it forced his (Damarcus')  hand..and evidently made him waiver.  He was always a verbal....well at least he was, then not was then was..then no,t was..you get the idea.

He made an official visit to UCF on 1/21/2011...Godfrey was his host and guide.  His LOI is listed as being logged in on 2/4/2011.

If his release has merit, he willl win his appeal, and I expect he will if hein fact  files the appeal.  I wish him luck. He has had some very adult decisions to make and it has not gone well.

What's the deal on that? He was wavering BEFORE they went after TB?

And I really doubt he wins this by appeal ... unless there are precedences.

Well, to be precise, he was verbally solid pre TB. When Strong was hired, he visited with DS to cement him at UL, because rumor had it that he was wavering on his solid verbal.

He left his HS to join an accelerated program.....allowing him to enter UL early. Something went wrong, because the academic clearinghouse would not allow him to enroll early at UL ( short some credits or something like that), so he then had to want for signing day........UL signs TB.

UCF visited with him, offered him an official.....and I think made more than just a medium amount of effort to give him an alternative...to UL. TB,  enrolls in the Spring...is playing footballl now....now DS is now approx. 1 year behind him in UL football knowledge....DS can't attend any school until the fall. Noone knows id he is even eligible in an academic sense now!

This is just from my recollection...after reading severl billion posts and articles....so I am sure others can be more precise....or shed more light.

Good luck to the young man. He might as well come one down, get a year of school done and move on if he is not happy.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639

Good luck to the young man. He might as well come one down, get a year of school done and move on if he is not happy.

do you or anyone else know what he's decided to do? is he enrolling at Louisville regardless this fall?

No, I have no idea. If he comes to UCF, he has  a one year free ride ( I think) ...unless they pull the scholly, or if he wins his appeal. He can go anywhere else, on his dime....

I have no idea what he is going to do..and he may not know himself. He does need to finsh up his missing credit so that he is eligible...to go somewhere.

Good luck to him.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

i had no idea UCF's women's indoor track team was ranked this year!!  My gosh, let them in now!!!