• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

GOL is the inmate running the show

if USF was in the same situation would you feel the same way? LOI have to mean something, the kid is primadona

No we would not.

USF would not have signed him in the first place.

Proof? Brion Carnes.  Offer withdrawn when he started playing similar games.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

"You look at it a couple of different ways," O'Leary said. "Now who is the victim cause we stopped recruiting quarterbacks when he basically let us know he was involved and he wanted to be here long before the National Signing Day?

If that's the case, he's a bigger ******* idiot than I ever imagined ... You stopped recruiting qb's because "he let you know he was involved"?? Smith wanted to be there long before NSD but didn't sign until two days AFTER ... Couldn't find a fax or a pen? ... You are full of ****, Georgie.

Much as I hate to admit it, GOL's got a good point. If you're not serious about signing with UCF, don't sign. If you do sign, and then back out, there's a penalty to pay (one year of lost eligibility).

This is not about Smith anymore (if it ever was), it's about all the athletes in the future. GOL's sending a warning, loud and clear.

If Smith really wants to leave, he can go. It just means he'll only have 3 years of eligibility left.

Honestly, I might kind agree with you if there weren't some out of the norm stuff here ... Strong made it a top priority to visit this kid and get his commitment the first day after he was hired. A year later the rug's kind of pulled out from under him with the Bridgewater commitment less than 2 months before NSD. It had to have been an emotional roller coaster those last few months, especially with him being a local L'ville kid ... and throw in that there may have been some obtuse conversations about what his role would be at UCF ..

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

O'leary is a jerk and this kid is an idiot. I'm just glad it's ucf and Louisville dealing with this drama.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Smith visited Orlando again just 2 weeks ago and told Oleary he was still committed and now this fax comes to a newspaper and UCF but he never contacts anyone by phone at UCF before doing so....something is not right, if I were UCF I'd give the NCAA a call for tampering by Louisville boosters/coaches and would not release him

If I was UCF I'd be careful crying foul when there are foxes in your own hen house.  The method of coercion allegedly used by UCF to lure this kid was hardly quality, nevermind the incessant allegations that UCF has never stopped the dirty tactics in recruiting that got their hand slapped the first time by the NCAA.  Yeah, from what I hear the last thing UCF wants to do is get the NCAA down here sniffing around their compound-- never know what they're going to dig up. :o

if you read the recent quotes from Oleary on Smith's last visit just 2 weeks ago he admitted that "there is a lot of stuff going on up there"(Louisville)..........I know you and Louisville fans will keep using the resume thing from over 10 years ago to assume Oleary did something wrong but it's most likely a case where he was still being recruited after his LOI and possible involvement by Louisville boosters. I hope the NCAA is sniffing up in Kentucky. Coach Kelly is a good man and would not spew lies

What are you spouting off about 'the resume thing' for?  The coercion accusation was by more than one source, and in all cases its been alleged that UCF made Smith feel there were positional circumstances at UCF that were not there.  My other accusation is not an accusation at all.  UCF was given a hand slap by the NCAA for recruiting violations and told that if they do it again then next one would be major.  The NCAA found UCF's issues were not accidental and very blatant and called some of the violations "MAJOR."  Improper contact, excessive calls and texts...add it up and the pile starts to smell like **** over there in Orlando.  With that being said it's been alleged by some that UCF has never stopped those actions.

And the spots on a leopard never change...O'Liar is the same curmudgeon who called the Slantinel liars, and refused to talk to them because of their reporting on Plancher...it appears they were more right then what he told them (psst, he lied to the Slantinel-- so he still lives up to the O'Liar moniker).  Now he was great with Smith but once the Smith called him to politely ask for a release he suddenly goes into O'Liar mode denying any release, whining like a *****...he knew what he was getting into stealing a recruit from another school.  He knew what he was getting into going to KY and stealing a player like that....this isn't a gotcha game.  What a puke, make no mistake Smith was committed to UL before O'Liar and crew began to spin their intricate web of lies.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Smith visited Orlando again just 2 weeks ago and told Oleary he was still committed and now this fax comes to a newspaper and UCF but he never contacts anyone by phone at UCF before doing so....something is not right, if I were UCF I'd give the NCAA a call for tampering by Louisville boosters/coaches and would not release him

I love how quick UCF fans are to blame someone else for their issues......first UCF needed to call the Govenor to get USF to stop blocking their entrance into the BE and now they want UCF to call the NCAA for booster/coach tampering.

Couldn't it just be the kid didn't want to come to UCF and when he talked to O'Leary 2 weeks ago, O'Leary basically made it clear that was not going to be an option and tried to reaffirm that he was going to have to like UCF. Coaches manipulate kids all the time.

That is why I see the Mom calling. The kid doesn't have the stuff to stand up for himself so he got mom to do it.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

if USF was in the same situation would you feel the same way? LOI have to mean something, the kid is primadona

No we would not.

USF would not have signed him in the first place.

Proof? Brion Carnes.  Offer withdrawn when he started playing similar games.

Boom, roasted.  That amounts to "**** or get off of the pot".

And I recall UCF saying scathing things about us when that happened.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I wouldn't want a kid on my team who doesn't want to be there and is taking up a scholarship.

I wouldn't want a kid on my team who doesn't want to be there and is taking up a scholarship.

He wants to teach him a lesson ... kind of like he wanted to teach Ereck a lesson ... apparently has no qualms at all about screwing with young men's lives.