• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Chad, I work as a compliance guy for a Midwest basketball power.

He's decent not great, we recruited him but pulled the offer.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

I bet 500 to 1 you never recruited Jermaine Taylor, either.  Be honest, Joe.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Are you knocking Iowa?

No,

Marcus chose UCF over Iowa and the like because we offered :  Superb Academics/State of the Art facilities. 

And he also turned down Oklahoma who tried in vain to lure him at the last moment.

I wasn't talking to you.  I was talking to Apis who seems to be mocking the once heralded Iowa program.

But still, thanks for the "Superb Academics/State of the Art facilities"

Well, in that case.  No, I wasn't knocking Iowa or anyone else on that list.  You would think that if he were great, he'd be a lock at North Carolina.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

ok u guys can dog are underachieving football program but our basketball program has actually been solid for the most part making the transition from a-sun to cusa

I think you'd have to define "solid" but your basketball team definitely hasn't sucked in the transition period ... with things actually looking up with the departure of Calipari. Even if CUSA stays a 1 or 2 bid league, your chances improve because the conference championship is now wide open....and the only reason anyone is dogging your hoops program is because of numbnuts' stupid thread ....

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I had heard that the Iowa offer was pulled, or was conditional.  Which was why he went to UCF more easily.  What does it matter really, the kid is not a phenom, and his brother already left Illini, which was where Marcus really wanted to go but never got an offer.  He's  a decent player, with a famous daddy, similar to our Jordan Dumars (although I standby the point that Jordan's potential in college is greater because he's 6-6+ and a highly proficient three point shooter).  My original posts were tongue and cheek, as I assume UCFChad's were, clearly Michael Jordan is not planning to be an ambassador for UCF athletics, any more than he had planned to do it for the Illini.  He's just a dad, who has 3 children-- maybe more if you believe the public allegations.  Just having fun with the fatherly insinuations....  Don't get your hopes up we've had lots of players in our sport who's parent, or sibling was famous and it did nothing for us other than having a fine young student athlete on campus.  We've had Wade Boggs, Herman Edwards, LeeRoy Selmon, Shaun King's brother, Gramatica brothers, Jesse Hester Sr....and there are more but we'd be jerks to expect more out of a father and the family then just being a supportive parent.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

why couldnt usf have both of them

I had heard that the Iowa offer was pulled, or was conditional.  Which was why he went to UCF more easily.

Pure, BS, Oklahoma wanted him in the final hours and he basically told them to pound sand.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Chad

Jermaine Taylor's dad wasn't the greatest basketball player ever...

Oklahoma never made an offer, just started talking to him. The kid has talent, but he's an undersized shooting guard who isn't a great scorer.

Big victory for UCF and would have been great for USF. but let's not make a Buick a Mercedes...he'll probably average 10 a game over his career and move on.

Chad

Jermaine Taylor's dad wasn't the greatest basketball player ever...

Oklahoma never made an offer, just started talking to him. The kid has talent, but he's an undersized shooting guard who isn't a great scorer.

Big victory for UCF and would have been great for USF. but let's not make a Buick a Mercedes...he'll probably average 10 a game over his career and move on.

Joe, if he is so undersized then why did Stanford and Butler throw a full ride his way?  Also, nice dodge about the Jermaine Taylor question. I saw MJ jr pay with the big boys in the MJ classsic and dunk the hell out of the ball  in Madison square garden.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

No,

Marcus chose UCF over Iowa and the like because we offered :  Superb Academics/State of the Art facilities. 

Oh, brother...the old UCiF "facilities" argument.

STAY-DEE-YUM!!!!1!one!