• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DEATH ROW IS COMING BACK

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Awesome, keep up the good work students!  In my opinion, its the student involvement in college basketball that help provides its charm and appeal.  I would like to see more students at the game, and death row be as crazy as they can be to give the Bulls more of a home court advantage.

not to be a tool here--- but I have listened to them berate the coach and players from start to finish-- and there is nothing charming about what they say to our visitors.

I wouldn't want little kids to hear it-- and sure-- it is funny and somewhat effective (as much as those things can be).

but charming isn't the word I would use to describe it-- nor would they I imagine

Yes you are a tool.

Does anyone remember how much Denny Crum hated playing USF at the Sun Dome because we yelled at him for the entire game?  Back in the early 90's Denny and other coaches used to move their chair out on the court away from the stands during timeouts because they could not hear over out yelling.  Why make the Dome friendly for visitors?

Why are little kids sitting with college students?  Doogie Howser anyone?

Are you the Helen Lovejoy of the message boards?

image%7B0%7D%5B8%5D_1.png

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Whoever is coordinating the student sections needs to change things. I believe there are 2 student sections in the lower level behind press row and USF bench. However, only one section do the students stand up in. They need to let people that want to stand up the whole time sit down there, and give those 2nd level tickets to the sit down people. And they stop giving out Level 1 tickets way too early, too many empty seats down close.

The students who show up early get the better seats. i looked last night and saw very few open Student Seats in the lower deck. You want to sit down low, get to the game early.

Nothing needs to change.

I normally do sit right behind the basket, but my class let out at 7:15. That resulted in a corner seat way up top.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Awesome, keep up the good work students!  In my opinion, its the student involvement in college basketball that help provides its charm and appeal.  I would like to see more students at the game, and death row be as crazy as they can be to give the Bulls more of a home court advantage.

not to be a tool here--- but I have listened to them berate the coach and players from start to finish-- and there is nothing charming about what they say to our visitors.

I wouldn't want little kids to hear it-- and sure-- it is funny and somewhat effective (as much as those things can be).

but charming isn't the word I would use to describe it-- nor would they I imagine

Yes you are a tool.

Does anyone remember how much Denny Crum hated playing USF at the Sun Dome because we yelled at him for the entire game?  Back in the early 90's Denny and other coaches used to move their chair out on the court away from the stands during timeouts because they could not hear over out yelling.  Why make the Dome friendly for visitors?

Are you the Helen Lovejoy of the message boards?

image%7B0%7D%5B8%5D_1.png

yet another personal attack on me from this "poster" who seems to feel the need to talk **** about me any chance he gets--

Perhaps some reading comprehension lessons would serve you well. I never said stop getting on the visitors-- I merely wanted what was being said to be constructive/funny/distracting without involving alot of swearing or lewd comments that parents have to explain to their children afterwards.

I don't have any kids but I am mindful of situations where there are minors nearby at a sporting contest. I curb my comments to fit even if the parents themselves are not.

That is just common decency. Probably something you lack completely

• Content Count:  5,241

Little kids aren't sitting with college students, do you forget how loud the profanity chants can get??? You could hear em wherever you put little timmy and tammy. 

We gotta be loud, but We have to think before we speak, or scream.

• Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Yes you are a tool.

Hopefully, our students doing the yelling can be creative and intelligent enough to not need R rated diatribes .....

• Content Count:  2,478

I agree with MikeG. There is nothing wrong with the trash talking, hell, I love it and I do it too. But you have to keep the language to a minimum. There is no need to use that.

I want to start doing background checks of the upcoming teams and ask them why they are behind on their credit card payments, why their GPA is so low etc. Wouldn't that freak them out a little bit?

• Content Count:  1,479

Honestly, I dont think we had our A game last night as a student section. We didnt really have anything on Pitt like we had on UAB. That was fun.....the arrest record, their curfew, etc.  A good one to Jamie Nixon, "Hey Coach, how bout some more hair gel". Also, we like to get on the walk ons alot, and one of Pitts players was acknowledging us. btw, it turns out we behind the basket "are beinig watched" every game for potential problems, but most of the regulars werent there for the Rutgers game(myself included-sick) so I'm not sure what was said then.

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Honestly, I dont think we had our A game last night as a student section. We didnt really have anything on Pitt like we had on UAB. That was fun.....the arrest record, their curfew, etc.  A good one to Jamie Nixon, "Hey Coach, how bout some more hair gel". Also, we like to get on the walk ons alot, and one of Pitts players was acknowledging us. btw, it turns out we behind the basket "are beinig watched" every game for potential problems, but most of the regulars werent there for the Rutgers game(myself included-sick) so I'm not sure what was said then.

img0150xs2.jpg

• Content Count:  624

Whoever is coordinating the student sections needs to change things. I believe there are 2 student sections in the lower level behind press row and USF bench. However, only one section do the students stand up in. They need to let people that want to stand up the whole time sit down there, and give those 2nd level tickets to the sit down people. And they stop giving out Level 1 tickets way too early, too many empty seats down close.

The students who show up early get the better seats. i looked last night and saw very few open Student Seats in the lower deck. You want to sit down low, get to the game early.

Nothing needs to change.

I was actually sitting in the 1st level and the reason I brought this up was to point out that their should be no sitting down in the lower level student section. Until that happens, I won't be satisfied. A student who wishes to stand the whole game should be able to be down close to the court, not in the rafters.

Just look next time your at a game, if you even go to the games.

• Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

What???? The EAST COAST has no love for Death Row????

Archived