• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DEATH ROW IS COMING BACK

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Seems to me "students" can be stripped from the argument - although they may be the largest single group engaged in such activity.

We had a drunk broad sitting next to us at the bowl game.  I had my kids (7 and 9 years old) sitting with me that had to listen to her yell obscenities at the officials (even though she was so high in the stadium they would never hear her).  So as this drunk broad screamed "F*** You!" and "you're an As*H***", and other gems, it was really hard to sit there with two kids and enjoy the game.  At ages 7 and 9, they knew that was not appropriate behavior.

Sometimes you don't realize things are wrong until you are the injured party.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Seems to me "students" can be stripped from the argument - although they may be the largest single group engaged in such activity.

We had a drunk broad sitting next to us at the bowl game.  I had my kids (7 and 9 years old) sitting with me that had to listen to her yell obscenities at the officials (even though she was so high in the stadium they would never hear her).  So as this drunk broad screamed "F*** You!" and "you're an As*H***", and other gems, it was really hard to sit there with two kids and enjoy the game.  At ages 7 and 9, they knew that was not appropriate behavior.

of course there is more vulgarity in the stands than just the student section.

as i stated earlier, ive been to two games this season and did not sit in the student section for either game...

but there were still "older" folks that yelled the occasional "a--hole" or "bulls--t" in the sections i was sitting.

i think the situation in the student section is different than that in your seats...  the student section is assumed to be 18+ adults with younger, rowdier fans.  u dont expect small children to be in the student section, and the vulgarity is intended to affect the other teams' bench (whether or not its the most effective method is debatable).

folks sitting in the non-student seats, far from the court, screaming profanity is a different situation.  in your situation, i would have personally asked the rowdy "broad" (lmao) to simmer down.

as much as some folks here would like to portray students as devoid of morals or a conscience, i think most of us would NOT unleash the full barrage of vulgarity outside of the student section where small children are present.

the student section is a unique area...  i haven't seen anyone, student or not, advocate the same rules for other sections as they do for the student section.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

"Broad" seemed to fit, "Lady" did not.  But that's probably too old school for some.

Re: the whole student/cussing thing:  Hard to tell.  At the WVU game there were small groups of student-aged guys roaming among the East Side of RJS chucking profanity and vulgarity at just about anyone wearing WVU colors.  It was quite embarrassing. 

When you accept something like profanity as commonplace it eventually comes out somewhere you'd rather it not.  Like a workplace, etc.  Many have made that mistake and paid dearly.

I'll end my comment on it as just a needless attempt to stoop even lower in assaulting another human being.  You can actually get into the head of another person without taking yourself to the lowest common denominator.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

"Broad" seemed to fit, "Lady" did not.  But that's probably too old school for some.

Im bringing broad back in 08!

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Im bringing broad back in 08!

shoot, i make it a point to refer to random women i encounter as "toots."

• Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

of course there is more vulgarity in the stands than just the student section.

as i stated earlier, ive been to two games this season and did not sit in the student section for either game...

but there were still "older" folks that yelled the occasional "a--hole" or "bulls--t" in the sections i was sitting.

i think the situation in the student section is different than that in your seats...  the student section is assumed to be 18+ adults with younger, rowdier fans.  u dont expect small children to be in the student section, and the vulgarity is intended to affect the other teams' bench (whether or not its the most effective method is debatable).

folks sitting in the non-student seats, far from the court, screaming profanity is a different situation.  in your situation, i would have personally asked the rowdy "broad" (lmao) to simmer down.

as much as some folks here would like to portray students as devoid of morals or a conscience, i think most of us would NOT unleash the full barrage of vulgarity outside of the student section where small children are present.

the student section is a unique area...  i haven't seen anyone, student or not, advocate the same rules for other sections as they do for the student section.

nothing wrong with saying "Bullsh**" at a game.  vulgarity is not an effective method to affect the other team's bench, they just think that you are a moron who can't come up with something more creative to say (not a shot at you, just using the word "you" as a general "you".

Archived