• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does anyone want to defend Gregory?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Our offense put up 21 points.  That should have been enough to be at least close.  The Defense was atrocious.  Oregon basically ran 3 plays.  Stewart left, Stewart right, play action pass. 

Did you actually WATCH the game?

Yes, the defense was bad, no matter what.

But when the offense goes three & out 864 times in one game, that is pretty rough on the defense.

Our most successful offensive strategy was to bait Oregon into personal foul penalties.  That's the only reason most of our drives that were sustained were actually sustained.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

You may be right... Gregory was promoted in the Spring, when there wasn't a large chance to go after someone else... now CJL technically has more time...

However, since USF has a fairly small pool for the assistant coaches, it's not like we can bring another BCS OC in here... the best we could do is either give someone their first OC chance OR bring an OC from the mid-majors or the FCS.

I like that idea.

Get Appalachian State's coordinator in here!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Our offense put up 21 points.  That should have been enough to be at least close.  The Defense was atrocious.  Oregon basically ran 3 plays.  Stewart left, Stewart right, play action pass. 

But when the offense goes three & out 864 times in one game, that is pretty rough on the defense.

Our most successful offensive strategy was to bait Oregon into personal foul penalties.  That's the only reason most of our drives that were sustained were actually sustained.

I was at the game.  Stewart was getting 5/6 yards in the first half before getting touched.  I was surprised he did not get it more in the first half.  The D was DOMINATED.  The offense sucked, but I cannot point the finger on them for the blowout.  Even though I have know idea what TJ was doing with the ball during the reverse (a great play call).  That boneheaded play turned a sure 2nd and 3 (and possible momentum) into Oregon points.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I was at the game.  Stewart was getting 5/6 yards in the first half before getting touched.  I was surprised he did not get it more in the first half.  The D was DOMINATED.  The offense sucked, but I cannot point the finger on them for the blowout.  Even though I have know idea what TJ was doing with the ball during the reverse (a great play call).  That boneheaded play turned a sure 2nd and 3 (and possible momentum) into Oregon points.

I do not dispute the fact that the D was dominated.

I haven't seen an offense DESTROY a USF defense like that in a loooooooooooooooooooong time.

HOWEVER, the offense did not play well enough to win.

Keep in mind that last TD was scored against Oregon's scout team defense.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Really - MAB SHOULD BE THE ""O" CO-ORDINATOR

Just listen to MAB  - he freaken knows everything.

Fire everyone that makes a mistake just ask MAB - Hey why donn't you get your own web site.

Or maybe MAB  doesn't have all the answers and just wants to ***** like a little girl.

:rainy :cry2

Guest JulmisteForPrez

MAB, I understand that you think it's better not having gone and wasted the money.  Fair enough.  However, the implication in this thread is that those of us who did go were stupid or foolish for having done so.  That is unfair and uncalled for.  May not have been your intent but was the way I read it.

Like you said, this should be in the other thread....

But no......that was NOT the implication.

My question was totally aimed at those who did NOT go.  I simply wondered how many others felt as I did in hindsight.

No reflection on those who went.

Did I say anything that warranted the broad jump to your conclusion?

• Content Count:  4,451

While Gregory's play calling was suspect, it is extremely difficult for an O to execute plays with a subpar run blocking OL.  USF's OL couldn't break an egg nor push a blocking sled downhill Monday afternoon.   Matt cannot win a game with his arm unless the opposing D puts eight in the box.  The Bull OL must have moderate success moving the ball on the ground for the passing game to be successful.  Thats why when USF plays evenly matched DLs in size with only moderate speed or smaller/nonBCS type DLs the O dominates.

I'm also very disappointed in the RBs this season.  BBQ should not be the No. 1.  He's a very good third down back but not a feature back.  I thought Ford would of gotten it turned around by the end of the season.

Additionally the first two drives of the game made play calling diff/ugly due to field position.  I knew when USF went down by two scores Matt was going into "forceit" mode and throw a few INTs especially vs that OR back.  That Mofo could hit a hole hard. 

Basically the DL was manhandled, the DEs over pursued 60-70% up field and OR's WR blocked lights out vs the Bull "soft" coverage type CBs.  Plus the misdirection made the LBs hesitate just enuff to make tthe Bull LBs look slow.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

Sorry, that was intended for the other thread.  Stupid cell phone.

Just as an FYI, you can delete your own post.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

gregory is weak.

• Content Count:  127

I am not defending him...

when a team has that long to prepare...they have seen a tape of every play that team has run....I saw the same plays from all season thats why they crapped on us the way they did.

why not put some wrinkles in to give them a different look ....i mean if Michigan can through out some option read with hart and Henie(sp?) we can go SEC on them and line up in some I formation

I was expecting more with the time to prepare.

Archived