• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what scares me

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

those who need to know, know.

bet we are pre-season top 25...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

those who need to know, know.

bet we are pre-season top 25...

Don't think so.  That loss was too big.  Even with our strength of schedule improving with Auburn's win and if WV holds on (at the half now) I don't think we have garnered enough respect to be there.  It would be nice if it happens.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

you don't make up over a 100 years of tradition and history in 11 seasons.

If USF keeps having seasons like this year mixed in with a couple real special seasons then the next generation of football fans will know who were are without hesitation. How many people knew anything about UM before the mid 1980s?

It takes time, but we as fans can help OUR program by supporting it as much as possible.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

It takes time, but we as fans can help OUR program by supporting it as much as possible.

we can also help our program by being objective and demanding accountability when it's necessary.

"support" isn't defined by blind homerism. 

it's defined by what is BEST for the program, and sometimes what's best isn't always sugarcoated and fluffy and fun to talk about.

sometimes there are bitter pills that need to be swallowed.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

I've stopped caring what other fans care about. The game itself is more than enough entertainment for me. Most people are poorly informed or misinformed about alot of things. Worrying about them is a waste of time.

For example-- when I see someone post about how something the football team did was "embarassing"-- I kind of laugh. It's a game. Sportsmanship aside, there are far more important things to worry about than what some school you root for did on a particular Saturday. I can take a loss-- even a blowout and keep on having a good time. Sure-- I want to see them succeed and try to help them along that path however I can. But in the end-- any positive results are really theirs, not mine. I can admire the accomplishment and dismiss the low points.

that's how I roll.

• Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

[ At least because no one knew we were playing Oregon or that the Sun Bowl even existed we wont have to worry about our national perception being hurt. I guess that is one positive.

You haven't heard? That loss set our program back 2 to 5 years ..... Word is that the BE is having second thoughts and may kick us out and bring Temple back.

I've stopped caring what other fans care about. The game itself is more than enough entertainment for me. Most people are poorly informed or misinformed about alot of things. Worrying about them is a waste of time.

For example-- when I see someone post about how something the football team did was "embarassing"-- I kind of laugh. It's a game. Sportsmanship aside, there are far more important things to worry about than what some school you root for did on a particular Saturday. I can take a loss-- even a blowout and keep on having a good time. Sure-- I want to see them succeed and try to help them along that path however I can. But in the end-- any positive results are really theirs, not mine. I can admire the accomplishment and dismiss the low points.

that's how I roll.

pride and admiration are defined by embarassment.  there wouldn't be one without the other.

the pride of victory wouldn't exist without the fear or embarassment of defeat.

You haven't heard? That loss set our program back 2 to 5 years ..... Word is that the BE is having second thoughts and may kick us out and bring Temple back.

while your effort at comedy is worthy of a spot alongside Jeff Foxworthy on the Blue Collar Comedy hour, the reality is that Monday's beatdown gave college football fans and writers the perception that USF is not ready to play with the big boys.  that is a stigma that will be tough to shake, and will likely impact the willingness of some writers and coaches to vote us up in the polls.

the opportunity to take some forward forward momentum from this season into 2008 was squandered.

but hey, your joke about the Big East dropping us was the epitome of hilarity!  no, seriously, i can't stop laughing!  ::)

• Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

the reality is that Monday's beatdown gave college football fans and writers the perception that USF is not ready to play with the big boys.  that is a stigma that will be tough to shake,

Quit being so melodramatic. Auburn and West Virginia are big boys .... There will be no stigma based on this year.

and will likely impact the willingness of some writers and coaches to vote us up in the polls. the opportunity to take some forward forward momentum from this season into 2008 was squandered.

Exactly! That's ALL that happened ....... It's not the end of the freaking world like you Chicken Littles are trying to make it out to be. MAYBE, because of that game we won't be in the pre-season polls but you don't even know THAT for sure.... and even if we are or aren;t in the pre-season polls, our perception next year will be based on how we do next year.

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

that's how I roll.

pride and admiration are defined by embarassment.  there wouldn't be one without the other.

the pride of victory wouldn't exist without the fear or embarassment of defeat.

did you fail to read the first line?

also-- I never used the word PRIDE

Archived