• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Check out this Pic of FAU talking smack...lol.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

It's kinda like watching the Special Olympics.. even if they win, there still retarded.

that is f***** up and funny on so many levels  :ROFLMAO

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

UCF and FAU should sign a  long term football series to determine if being CUSA champion is better than the Sun Belt champion

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I don't get the big deal...first, it's a dumb sign, but also....did you win your conference? The sign is factually accurate. I like reading this board because I like to see what other in-state schools have going on, but get over yourselves and stop being sooo sensitive.

Uhhh... we're ranked 21st in the bcs, we beat fau and embarrassed ucf. Road win at Auburn, home win against WVU.

Fau wins the no one cares conference and thats suppose to be something???

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I think it's kinda cute.

Ya'll are sounding like a bunch of UF fans here, man. That's the kinda crap they say to us that makes us mad. They'll say they'd rather be third place in the SEC than Big East Champ any day.

This FAU fan reminds me of us not 6 years ago (when I was a freshman at USF). I probably would have thought the world of a Sun Belt championship, because it would have been our team. OK, maybe I wouldn't have cracked on the big teams in Florida, but you gotta admit, the kid in the pic has spunk. I like it.

We as a fan base shouldn't be so quick to jump all over the little guy. We're only a few years removed from BEING that little guy ourselves. Have we become so arrogant already? Have we forgotten the chip on our shoulders we carried until this year? Don't do to FAU what UF and FSU used to do (and still do) to us.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Shoot, we were in CUSA just three years ago, and the Sun Belt just a few years before that. We never won either conference. So you could say we weren't even the smartest kid in the ESE class.

I'm not an FAU fan, but I was a USF fan before we'd beaten a top-25 team (I rushed the field when we beat Bowling Green as a student), and I was there when we were still a I-A Independent. I would have gone to the Hawaii bowl if we'd have gotten an invite with a 9-2 record but we were snubbed.

Back off FAU, remember our roots. Besides, with Schnellenberger as their coach (who has won a National Championship), you never know where THEY will be in 7-8 years!

• Content Count:  1,241

No reason to degrade the guy hes just having fun. I like what FAU is doing. I think they'd handle UCF fairly easily this year too to be honest.

• Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

we were never in the Sun Belt for football Brandon, but I get your point.

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

I would have loved to have seen FAU demolish ucf this year.  Funny how UCf always wanted to play us, but hasnt ben so eager to play FAU or FIU.  

FAU needs a lot of things before they can truly grow.  First they need to get a new stadium and fast!  Second. they need to get themselves into another conference.  There is a very low ceiling playing in the sunbelt.  I guess they can do the Boise State thing as long as they play and beat some tough OOC teams to get themselves ranked.  However unless they can get themselves to #8 or higher, the best they can do is the New Orleans Bowl every year.  If they don't win the conference, then they don't even go bowling.

• Content Count:  31

I don't get the big deal...first, it's a dumb sign, but also....did you win your conference? The sign is factually accurate. I like reading this board because I like to see what other in-state schools have going on, but get over yourselves and stop being sooo sensitive.

Uhhh... we're ranked 21st in the bcs, we beat fau and embarrassed ucf. Road win at Auburn, home win against WVU.

Fau wins the no one cares conference and thats suppose to be something???

Good lord, I didn't say anything negative about your team or school, I didn't even say anything positive about FAU.....I'm happy for you guys, glad you're having success, it bodes well for FAU. Just saying you get all bent out of shape because some 18 year old kid makes a sign and it ends up in the paper....grow up, not every positive about FAU or any other state school necessarily degrades USF. I'm sure Gators and Hurricanes fans saw the same picture without running to their computers and whining about it.

• Content Count:  60

I would have loved to have seen FAU demolish ucf this year.  Funny how UCf always wanted to play us, but hasnt ben so eager to play FAU or FIU.  

FAU needs a lot of things before they can truly grow.  First they need to get a new stadium and fast!  Second. they need to get themselves into another conference.  There is a very low ceiling playing in the sunbelt.  I guess they can do the Boise State thing as long as they play and beat some tough OOC teams to get themselves ranked.  However unless they can get themselves to #8 or higher, the best they can do is the New Orleans Bowl every year.  If they don't win the conference, then they don't even go bowling.

Our stadium is on the way, & we accomplished two goals this year that Coach Schnellenberger has set for our program. Win a conference title & win a bowl game. I consider this an amazing feat, given that this is only our 2nd FULL season in D1-A. Everone has to start somewhere, & alot of USF fans seem to have forgotten where they once were. Also, out of all of the D1-A schools in Florida, only UCF & FAU are conference Champs.

Regarding our stadium, we need $20 mil to break ground this year(2008) & in 2 1/2 months we already have $8 mil on the books. So, things are looking pretty good to have our stadium open a year earlier, than our projected opening game of 2010.

Traditionally Schnelly scheduled really tough opponents for our OOC games(UF, UK, Min, OK St, USF), & in those games Schnelly usually only played the 1st teamers for 2 1/2 qtrs, then the rest of the team played, with the exception of USF, when we still had a cance to win/tie late in the 4th qtr. Personally schedules like those gets teams built up faster than the cupcake route.

Also, I don't get all of the hate towards FAU?

Good luck on willing the Big East, whenever that is?

Archived