• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I thought UCF didn't do payday games

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Are they going to fix the bouncing problem.  Steel constantly boucing up and down can't be good for stadium.  Seems like they would want to reinforce the steel.  I have never heard a stadium referred to as a trampoline before. 

From what I've heard, they are starting at the student end and working their way down.  While bouncing isn't going to cause a problem today or in a few years, in 10 or 20 years, it could have negative effects if added support is not used.  UCF is smart to jump on it right after the season ended.

For 60 million it would have been smart to build it right the first time

No one expected people would be jumping all over the place.  I never saw it coming cause people didn't do it at the CB.

Uh people dont jump up and down at football games?   What planet are you from?  The effed up in the design just admit it, i promise it won't hurt to do so. 

We have a winner!

Man, it is simply hilarious that they have a problem with the design of the stadium, the university both understands that it is a problem and has a plan to address it, but still we have ucIFers that will fight tooth and nail against admitting that it is an issue because they don't want to say anything bad about their stadium.  That's awesome.

What cracks me up is that we used the same design by the same company as your conference brothers - Louisville.  [glow=yellow,2,300]Why aren't you ragging on their stadium? [/glow]

Because they had water from the beginning .... and same design doesn't meant built to the exact same specifications.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  0

First off, the ragging came from WAY before the water bottle issue (which only lasted one game and I think it was blown WAY out of proportion.  I was there and got water towards the end of the 3rd quarter).  I just think its funny how USF fans liked to call it an erector set and put it down for "only" having 45k seats yet 45k seems about average for the Big East and the same people that designed and built Louisville's stadium did ours as well. 

Secondly, you are right - no two structures are built with the exact same specifications.  But if its the same company doing it, using the same design, and the same materials, then they are using the same logic and formulas to get their figures.  Any difference would make it the architectural company's inability to do what they are paid for, not the University.  That being said, if USF were to build a stadium, I would be surprised if it went as smoothly as UCF's opening.  If you disagree with me, then we will find out just how smoothly UCF's Stadium opening was when FAU opens theirs in a few years (since they are using BHNS just like we used Papa John's).  I will laugh, however, if there aren't any water fountains in Boca Stadium (I can laugh if a professional organization that is getting paid millions does not learn from their own mistakes).

First off, the ragging came from WAY before the water bottle issue (which only lasted one game and I think it was blown WAY out of proportion.  I was there and got water towards the end of the 3rd quarter).  I just think its funny how USF fans liked to call it an erector set and put it down for "only" having 45k seats yet 45k seems about average for the Big East and the same people that designed and built Louisville's stadium did ours as well. 

Secondly, you are right - no two structures are built with the exact same specifications.  But if its the same company doing it, using the same design, and the same materials, then they are using the same logic and formulas to get their figures.   Any difference would make it the architectural company's inability to do what they are paid for, not the University.  That being said, if USF were to build a stadium, I would be surprised if it went as smoothly as UCF's opening.  If you disagree with me, then we will find out just how smoothly UCF's Stadium opening was when FAU opens theirs in a few years (since they are using BHNS just like we used Papa John's).  I will laugh, however, if there aren't any water fountains in Boca Stadium (I can laugh if a professional organization that is getting paid millions does not learn from their own mistakes).

Look, quit being so defensive. BHNS is perfect for what you guys needed so just enjoy it and don't worry with what we say about .....

The only thing that I found seriously funny about it was the omission of putting ANY water fountains in .... Was that actually true or just something we blew out of proportioni?

• Content Count:  2,239

Secondly, you are right - no two structures are built with the exact same specifications.  But if its the same company doing it, using the same design, and the same materials, then they are using the same logic and formulas to get their figures.  Any difference would make it the architectural company's inability to do what they are paid for, not the University.  That being said, if USF were to build a stadium, I would be surprised if it went as smoothly as UCF's opening.  If you disagree with me, then we will find out just how smoothly UCF's Stadium opening was when FAU opens theirs in a few years (since they are using BHNS just like we used Papa John's).  I will laugh, however, if there aren't any water fountains in Boca Stadium (I can laugh if a professional organization that is getting paid millions does not learn from their own mistakes).

Look, quit being so defensive. BHNS is perfect for what you guys needed so just enjoy it and don't worry with what we say about .....

The only thing that I found seriously funny about it was the not omission of putting ANY water fountains in .... Was that actually true or just something we blew out of proportioni?

The important part was that it was quickly fixed.  I don't use water fountains at stadiums, so I never noticed until the article was published, but even I was embarrassed when I found out.  At least they were swift in taking care of it.  They couldn't do more than that.

• Content Count:  709

The only thing that I found seriously funny about it was the omission of putting ANY water fountains in .... Was that actually true or just something we blew out of proportioni?

Stop talking about it and we will stop getting defensive.  Truth is, water fountains were not included by design.  Had water been available by the bottle, I doubt anyone would have cared.  The concession people basically dropped the ball with 3 HOME games in a row.

Either way, when someone uses a water fountain or purchases a water bottle, UCF profits from it.

Nice.

Truth is, water fountains were not included by design. 

Isn't there some sort of State requirement that facilities like that HAVE to have water fountains?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Isn't there some sort of State requirement that facilities like that HAVE to have water fountains?

There is a difference between requirements under the Florida Building Code, which are minimum standards, and good design and construction practices.  I understand (have not confirmed myself) that the FBC did not require water fountains.  Having said that, I do not know any sizeable public facility which did not have water fountains located out by the rest rooms, particularly here in Florida.

There is a difference between requirements under the Florida Building Code, which are minimum standards, and good design and construction practices.  I understand (have not confirmed myself) that the FBC did not require water fountains.  Having said that, I do not know any sizeable public facility which did not have water fountains located out by the rest rooms, particularly here in Florida.

If the Building Code didn't require them, then I don't blame them for not putting them in originally. That stadium was built, for the most part, for functionality, not luxury or comfort....

• Content Count:  2,239

Exactly.  Luxury/comfort was to come later through progressive upgrades.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I find it amusing that BHNS is being compared to PJCS.  PJCS is by far a superior facility.  Anyone with 2 eyeballs in their head can see that.

Archived