• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I thought UCF didn't do payday games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Fact:  67,000 people screaming at the top of their lungs is louder than 45,000 people screaming at the top of their lungs.  Unless they expand BHNS to 67K, a sellout at RJS will be louder than at BHNS.  I will give credit where credit is due.  I watched a couple games at BHNS this year and it was a loud impressive atmosphere.  But the atmosphere on the wVU game night was truly a BIG TIME college football atmosphere, ala an SEC, big12 or Big 10 atmosphere.  Go back and watch the game tape and see. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

One little difference.  Steel amplifies the sound and it bounces all over the place.

So while 67k might actually be louder, the 45k here will sound louder on a person to person basis.  I'm no trying to run smack, but a steel stadium definitely has its advantages.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

One little difference.  Steel amplifies the sound and it bounces all over the place.

So while 67k might actually be louder, the 45k here will sound louder on a person to person basis.  I'm no trying to run smack, but a steel stadium definitely has its advantages.

likegetting blown away in a hurricane. That place will look like a mobile home park if a big hurricane goes through O-Town.

As far as I know, it's built for that, but I can't say for sure.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Are they going to fix the bouncing problem.  Steel constantly boucing up and down can't be good for stadium.  Seems like they would want to reinforce the steel.  I have never heard a stadium referred to as a trampoline before. 

Are they going to fix the bouncing problem.  Steel constantly boucing up and down can't be good for stadium.  Seems like they would want to reinforce the steel.  I have never heard a stadium referred to as a trampoline before. 

From what I've heard, they are starting at the student end and working their way down.  While bouncing isn't going to cause a problem today or in a few years, in 10 or 20 years, it could have negative effects if added support is not used.  UCF is smart to jump on it right after the season ended.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

From what I've heard, they are starting at the student end and working their way down.  While bouncing isn't going to cause a problem today or in a few years, in 10 or 20 years, it could have negative effects if added support is not used.  UCF is smart to jump on it right after the season ended.

For 60 million it would have been smart to build it right the first time

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

For 60 million it would have been smart to build it right the frist time

FTW

For 60 million it would have been smart to build it right the frist time

No one expected people would be jumping all over the place.  I never saw it coming cause people didn't do it at the CB.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Fact:  67,000 people screaming at the top of their lungs is louder than 45,000 people screaming at the top of their lungs.  Unless they expand BHNS to 67K, a sellout at RJS will be louder than at BHNS.  I will give credit where credit is due.  I watched a couple games at BHNS this year and it was a loud impressive atmosphere.  But the atmosphere on the wVU game night was truly a BIG TIME college football atmosphere, ala an SEC, big12 or Big 10 atmosphere.  Go back and watch the game tape and see. 

You forgot to include 45,000 people + thudersticks

Archived