• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2nd best QB in the state?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I'll take Grothe over all in-state QB's except Tebow.  FWIW, I'd even take him over Cleo Lemon.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know if Tebow could've reproduced his Stats here at USF. Would've taken a comepletely different gameplan to use him effectively.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

I thought the receiver on the Saints was the only kid in Hofstra history to play in the NFL and then saw another guy's school pop up as Hofstra yesterday.  Don't remember the game or team.  Anyway, playing at FAU doesn't make him a bad QB. 

FYI....wayne crebet (Sp?)  that small WR for the Jets a few years back played at Hofstra

Hofstra has had it's share of players in the NFL. I met one at our game there in 1998 who had showed me his Superbowl ring he earned playing for the 1969 Jets. You might also remember (or not) that the QB they had back then was pretty decent and was drafted by the 49ers.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I thought the receiver on the Saints was the only kid in Hofstra history to play in the NFL and then saw another guy's school pop up as Hofstra yesterday.  Don't remember the game or team.  Anyway, playing at FAU doesn't make him a bad QB. 

FYI....wayne crebet (Sp?)  that small WR for the Jets a few years back played at Hofstra

Hofstra has had it's share of players in the NFL. I met one at our game there in 1998 who had showed me his Superbowl ring he earned playing for the 1969 Jets. You might also remember (or not) that the QB they had back then was pretty decent and was drafted by the 49ers.

Gino Carnozzi??

• Content Count:  206

good effort Joe

Carmazzi

Hofstra whipped our butts then to.

• Content Count:  206

I love MG (grothe not mikeg  ;D) but I have to agree hbryan.  He's got to work on the TD to Int ratio. It was high last year as well.  His total td to int looks good because he rushes for so many.  He gets a differential of more than 10 passing and we probably go undeafeated in the past two years.  So here's looking to the bowl victory and 10+ td differential and a BCS bid next year.

• Content Count:  4,501

I am surprised you guys are down on him at all.  For years we were that lillte school no one heard of and we were putting guys in the NFL.  I mean even UCF gets players in the NFL - Brandon Marshal is having one helluva a year with the Broncos.

• Content Count:  5,241

LoL!  Yeah, this guy lead FAU to a 6--6 record in a no name conference and he's better than Grothe?

Nice try

Lots of good players come out of small, not so great college programs.  We're talking about the kid that led FAU to within a few missed, makeable FG's of beating USF??

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Plus if they had made those field goals, USF would have still been on top by 6 or 3 points. 

Im not saying he's a bad QB either, he's just not the #2 guy in the state.

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Smith will definitely be going pro.  He's no Matt though =]

Have you ever seen this guy's wind up???  A NFL defensive line would have a field day with this guy.

Archived