• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Bowl Attendance Smack Talk

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

I'm pretty sure FSU sold more than 2600 to San Fran.

pwn3d.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

A "big boy school" pertains to all of the above:  Team performance, budget, attendence.  Army and Harvard have some national championships, but neither is one of those all around top schools.  Florida only has 2 NC, so using your logic, they are inferior to Miami.  Sorry, I don't think so.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

A "big boy school" pertains to all of the above:  Team performance, budget, attendence.  Army and Harvard have some national championships, but neither is one of those all around top schools.  Florida only has 2 NC, so using your logic, they are inferior to Miami.  Sorry, I don't think so.

Miami has much more history than UF.

5 time National Champion.. Yea they are down now, but UF dreams they had the Championships in Baseball and Football that UM has.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

In Florida These are my rankings of overall history of the Athletic dept's

1. Miami

2. Florida

3. FSU

4. USF

5. UCF

6. FAU

7. FIU

4 and 5 are close.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I wouldn't say UF has less history than Miami.  UF started football in 1906 while Miami started in 1927.  I would rank UF ahead of Miami in history despite UM's championships.  Plus they were always the biggest team in the state, even when they were down.  The SEC carried some weight that can't be overlooked.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I'd actually say that UCF has MORE history than us... a lot more.

That being said, they're our bi*ches, so history means squat!

• Content Count:  3,574

Oh this is golden.  Who would have thought the world beating USF Bulls would be using Miami, a team with a fan base that can't even get close to filling their own stadium as an excuse for their inability to travel to a bowl game?  That's the weakest excuse I've heard so far.  I'm pretty sure FSU sold more than 2600 to San Fran.

5 NC's is not big time!

IT'S SMALL TIME!

High Five!

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

UCF has had a football program longer, but from an overall history perspective, the two schools have to be pretty close.

USF softball is usually right around top 25 with 2-3 conference championships/UCF just started SB program this decade

USF Baseball is a bit behind I would think

USF basketball is ahead

Football, as I said, they have more time, but we are on our 3rd bowl, two for them. We are in a better conference. They do have a conference championship

Now I am just guessing...

Volleyball...UCF

WBB...USF

Soccer...USF

I could be wrong about all of this, but, I don't know about them having "a lot more" history than us from an overall athletics program standpoint.

For what it is worth, and I don't know about Tampa, but I have lived in the Orlando area for every bit of my 26 years except the 4 years I spent at USF. UCF has never been the talk of the town here. I did do some Jay Bergman camps growing up playing baseball. Otherwise, there has never been a buzz about the program. To an extent, I would say the same about this year even with the C-USA championship.

I imagine that it is more of the same in Tampa with our Bulls, this isn't really a knock on UCF. Just throwing some perspective out there from east of Bulls Country.

• Content Count:  2,239

UCF has had a football program longer, but from an overall history perspective, the two schools have to be pretty close.

USF softball is usually right around top 25 with 2-3 conference championships/UCF just started SB program this decade

USF Baseball is a bit behind I would think

USF basketball is ahead

Football, as I said, they have more time, but we are on our 3rd bowl, two for them. We are in a better conference. They do have a conference championship

Now I am just guessing...

Volleyball...UCF

WBB...USF

Soccer...USF

I could be wrong about all of this, but, I don't know about them having "a lot more" history than us from an overall athletics program standpoint.

For what it is worth, and I don't know about Tampa, but I have lived in the Orlando area for every bit of my 26 years except the 4 years I spent at USF. UCF has never been the talk of the town here. I did do some Jay Bergman camps growing up playing baseball. Otherwise, there has never been a buzz about the program. To an extent, I would say the same about this year even with the C-USA championship.

I imagine that it is more of the same in Tampa with our Bulls, this isn't really a knock on UCF. Just throwing some perspective out there from east of Bulls Country.

Seems to be pretty accurate.  I'm not sure how volleyball or soccer compare(as a whole, not just head-to-head).  I never really followed those sports.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Where in my logic did I say there were different levels of "big boy schools"?

Archived