• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schiano To Michigan??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

ESPN just reported that he met with Michigan "for quite awhile."

No official offer to him, but their sources are saying it could be forthcoming.

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

I wouldn't mind seeing less of the gap in his teeth.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Him and Strahan go to the same dentist. 

• Content Count:  2,478

As a Michigan fan, I pray that he does not even get offered the job.

• Content Count:  2

Yeah, I heard about this on SportsCenter. Sounds interesting to me.

• Content Count:  9,038

Good riddance.

• Content Count:  975

RU's Schiano met with Michigan about its coaching vacancy

by Tom Luicci/The Star-Ledger Thursday December 06, 2007, 11:18 PM

Rutgers University football coach Greg Schiano met with Univerity of Michigan athletic director Bill Martin "for quite a while" Wednesday in New York City to discuss the Big Ten school's coaching vacancy, according to a person who speaks regularly with Schiano.

File PhotoThough no official offer has been made, according to the person, one could be forthcoming. The person requested anonymity because he is not at liberty to speak for Schiano.

Michigan has yet to seek formal permission to speak with Schiano, but athletic director Bob Mulcahy said Schiano's agent, Bryan Harlan, "asked for permission to meet" with Martin.

"I have not heard anything formally from Michigan, yet," Mulcahy said.

Schiano, out recruiting all day Thursday, did not return messages left on his voice mail, nor did he respond to text messages left on his cell.

Martin was in New York City for the annual College Football Hall of Fame Banquet. He has been looking for a coach since Lloyd Carr resigned at the end of the season, effective after Michigan faces Florida in the Capital One Bowl on Jan. 1.

Michigan was thought to be close to a deal with LSU coach Les Miles last week, only to have Miles decide to stay at LSU -- with a significant pay raise. The only other candidate Michigan is known to have talked to since is Ball State coach Brady Hoke, who confirmed he discussed the job with Martin earlier this week.

A year ago, Schiano turned down a reported $2.2 million annual offer from Miami, where he served as the school's defensive coordinator prior to coming to Rutgers seven years ago. Schiano then signed a four-year extension through 2016 that will pay him $1.7 million annually.

Though Rutgers recently saw its ambitious $100 million stadium expansion plans stall, only to be jump-started slightly by Gov. Jon Corzine's personal pledge of $1 million, the setback isn't believed to be the driving force in Schiano willingly listening to another major school's offer for the second straight December. It's the lure of Michigan.

One of the most storied programs in the country - on par with Notre Dame and USC - Michigan has won 42 Big Ten titles and 11 national championships, though only one since 1948, winning it in 1997.

Turning to Schiano would mark a different era at the school, one that has been dominated by the late Bo Schembechler since he took the job in 1969. Schembechler won 194 games before retiring following the 1989 season. Both of his successors, Gary Moeller and Carr, were former assistants, as was Miles, which made him a popular choice.

Schiano bristled at the media on Monday when asked about rumors linking him to the Michigan job, saying "we're not going to start this stuff again."

"I haven't spoken to anybody about any job," he said, "and that's where I'm going to leave it. I'm not going to speak about it any more because I really want the focus (on the team and the bowl). Last year was one thing and we went through it. This is a young team and they really have an opportunity to do some great things and I want to put all of the focus on them and where we're headed."

Rutgers, a disappointment this season at 7-5, will play in the International Bowl in Toronto on Jan. 5. Interestingly enough, it will be against Hoke and Ball State. The game will mark an unprecedented third straight bowl appearance for Rutgers, which had only been to one bowl before Schiano arrived.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

As a Michigan fan, I pray that he does not even get offered the job.

cARR DID A BETTER JOB?

did schiano do a bad job at rutgers

rutgers was worst football program in usa before schiano

Archived