• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls get commitment from Delray cornerback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  563
  • Days Won:  0

Tyson Butler has moved to CB also.

Some guys have said he was one of the best CBs in the state last year.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Where are you getting that Butler has moved to cornerback? I think there's a very real possibility of that happening this spring, but he was a running back at practice Wednesday ...

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Hatcher verballed to LSU a long while back but is still taking visits. 

Rumor is that Washington is doing well at CB. 

Cant wait to see him on the field i think hes going to be an absolute stud for us. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

Where are you getting that Butler has moved to cornerback? I think there's a very real possibility of that happening this spring, but he was a running back at practice Wednesday ...

on the scout team?

• Content Count:  145

With the graduation of senior starters Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams, cornerback remains a priority position for USF's recruiting efforts this season, and the Bulls picked up a commitment Tuesday from John Lejiste, a cornerback from Delray Beach Atlantic High.

"He was comfortable there. We've gone up there in summers for 7-on-7 camps, and he visited there this weekend," said Atlantic coach Andre Thaddies, who said Lejiste also strongly considered Rutgers, Wisconsin and Kentucky.

Lejiste has good size at 6 feet, 195 pounds, and is athletic enough to compete in both the 4-by-100-meter relay and the high jump, where he can clear 6 feet, 4 inches, Thaddies said. "He's big and he's fast," he said.

Joining Lejiste on his visit this weekend was his teammate and close friend, safety Karnell Hatcher, a four-star recruit considered by some to be the top safety in the state of Florida. Thaddies said Hatcher enjoyed the trip as well but will still take visits to Auburn and South Carolina before making a decision.

Lejiste is USF's 19th commitment for the incoming class, and that total includes former signees Craig Marshall and Charlton Sinclair, who will join the team in January.

Posted by Greg Auman at 9:33:59 AM on December 5, 2007

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

With the graduation of senior starters Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams, cornerback remains a priority position for USF's recruiting efforts this season, and the Bulls picked up a commitment Tuesday from John Lejiste, a cornerback from Delray Beach Atlantic High.

"He was comfortable there. We've gone up there in summers for 7-on-7 camps, and he visited there this weekend," said Atlantic coach Andre Thaddies, who said Lejiste also strongly considered Rutgers, Wisconsin and Kentucky.

Lejiste has good size at 6 feet, 195 pounds, and is athletic enough to compete in both the 4-by-100-meter relay and the high jump, where he can clear 6 feet, 4 inches, Thaddies said. "He's big and he's fast," he said.

Joining Lejiste on his visit this weekend was his teammate and close friend, safety Karnell Hatcher, a four-star recruit considered by some to be the top safety in the state of Florida. Thaddies said Hatcher enjoyed the trip as well but will still take visits to Auburn and South Carolina before making a decision.

Lejiste is USF's 19th commitment for the incoming class, and that total includes former signees Craig Marshall and Charlton Sinclair, who will join the team in January.

Sounds like a good pickup, hopefully he can talk his close friend to commit also.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Sounds like a good pickup, hopefully he can talk his close friend to commit also.

I think having Lejiste as a verbal is a huge advantage.  Lejiste can "recruit" him to come play with his teammate and friend during the dead period when other schools cant talk to him and don't have that luxury. 

• Content Count:  574

Hatcher now has us in his top 2 with LSU and said that Lejiste is recruiting him to join him at USF. Per USFnation.com

• Content Count:  563

I talked to him.I dont know if it happened yet but he says he will  make tht move.

• Content Count:  4,016

Hatcher verballed to LSU a long while back but is still taking visits. 

Rumor is that Washington is doing well at CB. 

actually better then 'well', expect him to win an award at the banquet for best scout team player.  He could also be battling for a starting corner spot, and it wouldn't shock me if he won it.  Which is saying something because despite the concerns we do have some corner talent on the team with Roberts, Murphy, Jamaal Jenkins, Douglass, Washington, and most likely Butler.

Archived