• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thank you Stan Heath

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

To all the Mac Supporters in days of old...

"I TOLD YOU SO."  a new coach = a new beginning + new enthusiasm.

Merry Christmas!

Since you had to be a **** and sully a nice, positive thread, please save the lame "I told you so" until Stan actually accomplishes something Mac didn't...... which there's a great chance he will do. We have a new coach which automatically means a new beginning but save the new enthusiasm stuff until we repeat games like last night as far as the crowd goes.

Happy Hannukah!

Thank you, same to you.  We're in violent agreement here, unfortunately, at some point everyone just needs to turn the page and generate new hope. that's merely my point - the ancient zealots felt that mac, good character man that he was, was the answer to the program even at the end of last year. Clearly he wasn't.  GO BULLS BBALL!

Actually, we ARE in agreement here in that we both want to the turn the page. I think the ones who wouldn't have had a big problem with having Mac back this year is that he would have had the deepest, most talented roster since he arrived and it would have been interesting to see what he did with it. Having said that, though, with things having turned out the way they did, I have no problem with him being gone when looking at who replaced him. Based on credentials, Stan should be the man but until he gets this program past the point where it was when Mac left, there really shouldn't be any "I told you so's".  GO BULLS HOOPS!

Au contraire, my young friend, people CARE this year and are interested in the games, and have some optimism, and a coach whose style fits his players.  he's already  way past the point where it was when your man mac left. Enjoy it while we can.....before the conference schedule.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,827

Velcro, you rule.

• Content Count:  585

Congrats bull fans. I hope you guys can keep Stan. Also, thank arkansas.  ;D Good Luck rest of the season.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Now, all we have to do is win 3 (gulp, or more?) Big East games and this season will be a success, at least as far as I am conerned.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Au contraire, my young friend, people CARE this year and are interested in the games,

I'm not young, I've just aged gracefully ...... When all those additional people who supposedly CARE and are interested in the games start showing up to the Sun Dome THEN I'll be impressed.

he's already way past the point where it was when your man mac left.

Based on ....?

Enjoy it while we can.....before the conference schedule.

Don't be so negative. Just because the team isn't ahead of where Mac left off now , doesn't mean it won't be come conference play...

• Content Count:  19,229

Velcro, you rule.

Thanks, man!  My presence is felt even before I make a comment on a thread ;D

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

he's already  way past the point where it was when your man mac left.

Revisionist history?

Mac's record in 2006 through 8 games: 7-1  (link)

Heath's record in 2007 through 8 games: 5-3 (link)

Heath is having a fine, fine year thus far, and I'm excited as all hell to have him here... but don't let your hatred for Coach Mac affect your ability to research facts!

::) ::) ::) ::)

• Content Count:  19,229

Don't forget Mac beat Wake Forest in that 7-1 start.

Now we have Wake Forest coming up @ Wake.

Wake is better than last year, so it will be an interesting game.

If we win @Wake this year, then there is no reason for us to not be 100% optimistic going into conference play.

Don't forget Mac beat Wake Forest in that 7-1 start.

Now we have Wake Forest coming up @ Wake.

Wake is better than last year, so it will be an interesting game.

If we win @Wake this year, then there is no reason for us to not be 100% optimistic going into conference play.

I'm 100% optimistic anyway... I just dislike when people revise history to serve their own needs.  =)

FYI, statistically, Heath IS ahead of where Mac was at this point last year, if you look at it on a wins/date basis:

questforwins.gif

Archived