• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thank you Stan Heath

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

But is Heath doing it with recruits from the guy that "can't recruit"?  :)

yea that guy Dominque Jones is awful.  I wonder what Coach Mac ever saw in him?

::)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,726

FYI, statistically, Heath IS ahead of where Mac was at this point last year, if you look at it on a wins/date basis:

questforwins.gif

This is great.  I hope you keep it updated.

he has too much time on his hands

Man, you guys are unbelievable. lol.  I hope Coach Heath doesn't make his way onto this board to see all these charts of his progress. 

It's like we are holding him under a microscope, waiting to jump on him if he doesnt do as well as Coach Mac. 

Let me tell you something folks...if you havent seen a DIFFERENT Basketball team out there the past few games then YOU ARE BLIND.  Even last year, this team was on the cusp of being great but were out coached AND were not motivated.  They just simply WEREN'T PUSHED HARD ENOUGH.  This team this year is working their BUTTS OFF!!! And they are starting to meet their potential.  If you don't think we are a better basketball team right now if compared to last year, YOU ARE BLIND!!!

It's obvious...

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

careful--- sometimes teams get hot and then they get cold (ask the Lightning)

We all agree things are going well after those first three games but if you pump up Coach Heath too much--- you just give the "Darkside" element a buttload of ammo for when times get tough--- and you are blind if you think times won't get tough at some point(s) this season. The Big East is never easy in hoops

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Man, you guys are unbelievable. lol.  I hope Coach Heath doesn't make his way onto this board to see all these charts of his progress. 

It's like we are holding him under a microscope, waiting to jump on him if he doesnt do as well as Coach Mac.

Nobody's saying that Heath isn't "THE MAN".  The chart is just for those who think he's light-years ahead of where Mac was at this point in time in terms of record-wise.

I doubt Heath would be offended by a simple chart... he seems to have a bit more backbone than that.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I very well think Heath could end up being "the man".  But it is WAAAAAY too early.  My confidence is going up fast though.  Between the FSU game and the UCF game, i think the corner has arrived earlier than I expected.  Can we get around it?  UAB is an even bigger test than the prior two.

And both UAB and Richmond have been perennial thorns-in-our-side.

• Content Count:  387

We still have a very tough BE schedule ahead but I'm confident we will surprise a lot of people.

Stan and his cagers is just one part of the development of Bulls athletics.

I've been a fan since my son started as a student at USF four years ago.

Not only is the school growing rapidly academically, EVERY SINGLE ATHLETIC PROGRAM HAS IMPROVED! A tribute to those who laid the groundwork and to those who are now taking us to the next level.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

exactly-- I like what I've seen so far but I won't be upset if we start accumulating a bunch of losses as we go through the Big East schedule.

What I'm hoping for is being very competitive in all our games, pulling a few upsets, winning when we are clearly as talented or more so, and if at all possible making it to the BE tourney.

That seems like a lot to bite off in the first year. But I still feel CRM was heading in the right direction more or less. So Heath wasn't walking into a completely unwinnable situation. If he can get the talent to gel and hammer home the strengths-- I see this being a nice year for USF. A decent home record will bring the fans back-- and that will go a long way to getting USF hoops back on the upswing.

exactly-- I like what I've seen so far but I won't be upset if we start accumulating a bunch of losses as we go through the Big East schedule.

What I'm hoping for is being very competitive in all our games, pulling a few upsets, winning when we are clearly as talented or more so, and if at all possible making it to the BE tourney.

That seems like a lot to bite off in the first year. But I still feel CRM was heading in the right direction more or less. So Heath wasn't walking into a completely unwinnable situation. If he can get the talent to gel and hammer home the strengths-- I see this being a nice year for USF. A decent home record will bring the fans back-- and that will go a long way to getting USF hoops back on the upswing.

I agree with everything you mention except that "a decent home record will bring the fans back".

I don't know if that is true.  I hope it is and I hope we find out.

But based on what I have seen in the last 10-12 years, our fans come out when there is:

1)  ESPN

and/or

2)  potential to be a great team paired with a great current record.

3)  Lots of hype

I've never seen the fans come out in force if at least one of those conditions didn't exist.

• Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

And both UAB and Richmond have been perennial thorns-in-our-side.

Neither of them look trhat awe inspiring this year so maybe we can get a little payback ....

Archived