• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andre Hall to start vs the Bears on Sunday

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

to say I am conflicted is an understatement

Go Bears

Go Andre

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the one thing I've noticed is that ESPN and others have all been saying -- "oh-- and it doesn't matter who you put into Mike Shanahans system-- they produce" --- I dislike that statement--- it detracts from the great run Andre had and makes it seem like it had little to do with his talent.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

the one thing I've noticed is that ESPN and others have all been saying -- "oh-- and it doesn't matter who you put into Mike Shanahans system-- they produce" --- I dislike that statement--- it detracts from the great run Andre had and makes it seem like it had little to do with his talent.

Andres run was a great run but its hard to argue with the denver system, proof is in the puddin. 

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Yeah, I would have to say that anyone can run in Denver, but, if Andre can show that he can produce as well, or better than Selvin Young, he could be set for a few years. Hopefully Henry will be suspended, and Hall will beat out Young for the starting spot.

He has a chance to showcase himself, he needs to take advantage. My brother-in-law is a Bronco fan, talked about Andre today at Thanksgiving dinner, he was laughing like "oh yeah, our 15th string running back". I hate people that don't respect USF. He is a FSU fan too, I really hope we get to play them at the MCCB (if we're not playing better comp at the Sun). The saving grace though is that he is a basketball coach, and went to the USF/FSU game in Daytona last week  ;)

Shanahan seems to love Andre. He was the reason that Mike Bell was displaced to full back in the pre season. Andre was on pace to be Henry's back up until he had a pulled hammy (I think, maybe groin though), and missed a lot of time. That is the only reason slow-a** Selvin Young got to play and made the team.

I hope he runs for 150+ against the bears and has a couple of TD's and some catches to boot. Andre is an all-around running back, he will do well.

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

to say I am conflicted is an understatement

Go Bears

Go Andre

My thoughts exactly. I'll be cheering for the Bears but won't mind if Andre goes for 100 or so yards. I can't bring myself to start him on my fantasy team though.

• Content Count:  5,245
  • Days Won:  2

i was born in the Chi and like the Bears/Lovie/Urlacher...

but the only NFL team i cheer for unconditionally is the Bucs... i also dont have any particular affinity for the Broncos.

that said, i want Dre to come up with a big day, and i want the Broncos to win... because even if Dre has a big day, if the Broncos dont win it will take some of the shine away from him.  i want Dre to go big and lead the Broncos to victory.

GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I am really excited for this game!!  I am missing the Pitt game and this will get me my USF dosage.  I also have a friend who is a Denver fan, he never accepts the fact that Andre is good just because he played at USF, and i just hope he piles up some yardage along with a few TD's in a win.

my point is no matter what Andre does-- the media and fans will give hiim no credit for it and just say that it was teh system.

that is a crock of ****

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I KNEW IT!  ALL ANDRE NEEDED WAS A CHANCE!

Now he can show the world the great RB that he is.

GO ANDRE!!!

Archived