• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Help!! Should Gurly go to PITT?!?

Read the situation and objectively vote...Should Gurly go to PITT?!  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Days Won:  3

Wait a second...

First there's this...

..After losing my job, I am broke as a joke.

then there's this:

..I will go to a bowl game no matter where it is, so I do have at least one more game this year.

Soooo...it looks to me like the logistic$ of a far more expensive venue have been addressed,

but this would be a less important (yes, in the grand scheme of things Pittsburgh is important,

but not a marquee game this season) and less relevant venture, although you already have tickets

(the least of your expenses).

I would have to say "No". Any funds expended on this, what appears to be spur-of-the-moment

event, could be applied to UPGRADE your bowl experience. 

Then again, I'm not twenty-odd years old any longer, so just the idea of wedging into a car with

three other people for 32 hours (assuming 16 up, 16 down) to watch an inconsequential football

game in the cold, hmmmmm.....not something I would readily embrace. Then again, the best

road trip ever was on our motorcycles from Monterey to Vegas, so ultimately...your call, my two cents.  :-* 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

My question would be how did you lose the job?  Did the job move? Was there issues?   Are you getting enough to eat and what now?  Are you looking for a job right not?  Finances are very important and the credit card thing can be a long term problem.  Pitt is a great town, and it might be a great game, but do you risk blowing 400.00 before  a bowl or save the money for that?  One flat tire or something with the dozer and you might be in dire straights.

Go to watch party, mix with family, save money for the big game.  Find another job and come up with a plan to get out of debt.

• Content Count:  996

wow...thanks for all of the advice everyone!  First of all, thankfully, I am not in credit card debt!  If I was, I would not consider it.  Also, I don't think most people read...this trip will cost at most $80.00.  You bring a valid point about vehicle maintenance....however I am still under a full warranty, bumper to bumper.  :)  Plus, Toyota is so cheap to repair!!  I got free tickets to the game, and we are not getting a hotel.  WE are packing our food in a cooler and eating when we want too...only stoppng for restrooms.  I did lose my job, but I have been working odd jobs and will be taking a full time job come Jan 1st...or maybe the 2nd if we go to the Sun Bowl!!  haha  The reason I don't have a job is because it is silly to get one for 3 weeks!  The trip is on and I am so excited!!  Make sure each of you look for the bullspen.com sign that I made!!  I'll bring ya'll back some snow!!  I will also be blogging during the trip with photos!  Make sure you check it out!  Thanks again for all of the advice and as always GO BULLS!!!!

-GURLY

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,660
  • Days Won:  29

Glad ur making the trip.

Saw you on the jumbotron at L'ville and we'll be looking for you on the tube Saturday. What does your sign say ?

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  1,238

samp53e704d5e807a98f.jpg

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Glad you took my advice!  ;)

You'll have memories from this trip that can't be replaced.

Go Bulls!!

Archived