• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Help!! Should Gurly go to PITT?!?

Read the situation and objectively vote...Should Gurly go to PITT?!  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

If you could find a cheap flight I would say go, otherwise I wouldn't make that long of a drive.  As much as I want to support our team, driving 1100 miles each way for a 3 hour game isnt worth it to me.  Flying there for under $200 would be though. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

As fun as it would be Brit, I would hold off and save the money.  If you could have planned further in advance and gotten cheap airfare, it would have been way worth it.  Granted, if you have 3 others that are willing to go and split the gas costs then it's not too bad....But this will be a terrible weekend to be on the road....don't forget, you'll still have the bowl game.  But you use your best judgment and decide on your own.

-Krystle

35 mpg for 2200 miles = 62.86 gallons of gas ... * 3.20 per gallon = $201 for gas there and back... now split that between four people and you're talking $50 per person, plus food and game ticket... $150 per person MAX...

Not a bad deal... but, as someone who has done the drive, I can tell you departing Friday, crashing in the car, attending the game and driving back down will make for an interesting car ride.

Heck, find a road-side hotel/motel for $40-$60 per night per room somewhere... that's only $10-$15 per person more. And you get a shower.

• Content Count:  996

I have family in Atlanta where we will be stopping to freshen up...game tix are free!!!  I think I am there ya'll!!  :)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

I have family in Atlanta where we will be stopping to freshen up...game tix are free!!!  I think I am there ya'll!!  :)

I am jealous.... Give Wanny hell.

• Content Count:  12,293

if i didnt have to work i would be there.

• Content Count:  2,726

Heres my 2cents.  Last year I was also in the situation where my job had me out of the country for most of the season.  I was still a student though(online) and knew my days at USF would be drawing to a close soon.  I was able to go to the last two home games last year...Syracuse and Pitt.  and then I had a decision.  I could drive to the Louisville game too with some friends even though I was saving money for finishing school.  I made a last minute decision and made the drive with two friends.  We were on a very limited budget and drove up for the game and RIGHT BACK.  We lost that game 30-8!!! BUT, I felt so proud to go up to Kentucky and show the colors off on gameday and I felt so happy to get to see the team I love play in real life AND be able to scream for them and scream for my Alma Mater, I didn't care that we lost!!! We had a great time during the 13 hour drive to Louisville and it was a great trip!!!

I SAY GO!!! ROAD TRIPS ARE A BLAST!!! STAMPEDE PITTSBURGH!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  771

Steve and Barrys for clothes

Pack teh cooler with stuff - and have others do the same

If any one else is going up with you, have them pitch in for fuel [you can justify wear and tear on your car

• Content Count:  137

**** It....Go to the game.

don't let a number stop you from having a good time, money can always be made at another time. pack the car with cheap food and a cooler of drinks. and go for it. Plan out your stops really well, hit your rest stops quick and haul ass. I've driven twice now from Saratoga, NY to Tampa in less than 26 hours including rest and stops. It's not that bad if you have some some good cds and a 12 pack of redbull. ;D

40 degrees doesn't really feel that cold during the day, so you might be sweating your ass off yelling and jumping around with everyone. I've been out at lax games and baseball games in ny in march/April and it's not that bad. I recommend jeans,t-shirt and a hoody, thin mittens, and something to cover your ears...and you'll be golden

Enjoy yourself, I'll be looking forward to doing this next year either in Louisville or WV

Archived