• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Help!! Should Gurly go to PITT?!?

Read the situation and objectively vote...Should Gurly go to PITT?!  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  0

My life has become a lot more entangled than when I was in College. You can still get away after college but it always seems like there are more difficulties with getting away. Need to find caretakers for pets/kids, select when to use your precious vacation days and when to save them, convincing spouses/coworkers/other boring grown ups to make the trip. So my vote is to take advantage of still being a college student, make sure you have enough money for gas, jumper cables and a full i-pod.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Well, if you're only going to miss some family time (time you'll have with each other in Dec.) then go... doesn't seem like there is anything else holding you back.

• Content Count:  1,981

See I know I might regret it...I was in this EXACT same position last year with the WVU game.  I know this game isnt as big but....

Yeah, that's what I mean, I don't think you are going to regret going to the game. Even though the game is not that big, but is about the other stuff you are going to be doing with your friends, the roadtripping, the laughs, and those other memories. Heck, I wasn't planning on going but you just convinced me! ha. Time to start calling other die-hards.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Just get a big cooler and back it full of BP&J sandwiches with bottles of water... food problem solved.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

Now I want to go to. ****

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

As long as it won't affect school too badly and you can afford the gas and all go! You're only young once and never know where life will take you!

• Content Count:  403

2200 miles divided by 30 miles per gallon = 73 gallons times $3 per gallon = $220 in gas.  Divide that by the 4 of you = $55 each for gas.  You'll have to eat wherever you are, so buying food doesn't count  ;)

GO!  GO! GO! GO! GO! 

And post some pics of your trip on here for us!

Let's have a fundraiser and if each of us send Gurly $2, we can pay for her trip.  Heck, if I was single, I'd ask for a ride and I'd pay for the gas.  hmmm, me single, and Gurly and 2 of her friends... ok, I can stop dreaming now...

• Content Count:  4,738

Ok friends...read the situation and let me know what you think....

This is my last season as a student...I am about to go into the real world and attempt to grow up.  This weekend against Pitt is our last regular season game and I am debating whether or not to go.  Here are the points!

-It's Thanksgiving weekend and my only sibling is in town from college in Tennessee... however, she will be home for the month of December and I will probably want to kill her.  If I go, that will only give us three days as a family because I will leave on Friday.

-After losing my job, I am broke as a joke...BUT, I am getting free tickets and we are driving straight through so no hotel.  Anybody wanna sponsor food??  :)

-It's a 16 hour drive.  Round trip would be about 2200 miles on my car!!

-High for the game is 41 I heard...and I have NO winter clothes...lol.

-I will go to a bowl game no matter where it is, so I do have at least one more game this year.

-If I go, I will be giving three other students the opportunity to go that wouldnt have been able to go because I am taking the BullDozer!!

What do you think....its probably not the best decision financially or time wise, but should I be crazy and young and spontaneous and make the drive?!  I'd love thoughts....    Thanks and GO BULLS!!!

-Gurly

save your money and make the bowl game.

• Content Count:  1,757

You bring up a good point!  $3.06 in Clearwater now...goes down in GA and NC, not sure about more north.  My car gets about 32 to the gallon highway.  It gets about 310 miles on one tank that cost me about $25.00.   Gas mileage is about as good as it gets without it being a hybrid..who knew a box could drive like that.  haha

If you can figure out how to pay for it, I say DO IT!!!  It's you're last chance as a senior, getting time off to do this type of thing in the real world is next to impossible.  I'm sure you could borrow a jacket from someone, just don't forget gloves and a warm hat!  Your family will understand.  

Top Ramen noodles, canned tuna fish and spinach are really good cheap "power foods"  for roughing it.  If you have a good sleeping bag and tent, campgrounds are usually a good cheap alternative to hotels / motels.      

Here is my advice on squeezing the maximum out of the gas mileage:

- make sure the tires are inflated to the max safe operating pressure (listed on the tire and also inside your driver's side door).  

- use your cruise control, it will help.  

- do not speed: 2000 miles at 70 average will only add 3.5 hours to the round trip total vs. averaging 80.  What you make up for in mileage, lack of potential speeding tickets (biggie on holiday weekends) and just being safe will pay for those extra hours.  

Archived