• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Help!! Should Gurly go to PITT?!?

Read the situation and objectively vote...Should Gurly go to PITT?!  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  996
  • Days Won:  0

Ok friends...read the situation and let me know what you think....

This is my last season as a student...I am about to go into the real world and attempt to grow up.  This weekend against Pitt is our last regular season game and I am debating whether or not to go.  Here are the points!

-It's Thanksgiving weekend and my only sibling is in town from college in Tennessee... however, she will be home for the month of December and I will probably want to kill her.  If I go, that will only give us three days as a family because I will leave on Friday.

-After losing my job, I am broke as a joke...BUT, I am getting free tickets and we are driving straight through so no hotel.  Anybody wanna sponsor food??  :)

-It's a 16 hour drive.  Round trip would be about 2200 miles on my car!!

-High for the game is 41 I heard...and I have NO winter clothes...lol.

-I will go to a bowl game no matter where it is, so I do have at least one more game this year.

-If I go, I will be giving three other students the opportunity to go that wouldnt have been able to go because I am taking the BullDozer!!

What do you think....its probably not the best decision financially or time wise, but should I be crazy and young and spontaneous and make the drive?!  I'd love thoughts....    Thanks and GO BULLS!!!

-Gurly

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  701

GO

2 Words

AMERICAN EXPRESS!

• Content Count:  1,981

Go, you can always have a nice dinner with your family some other day. Go to some Goodwill and buy some winter clothes, and then load up on $1 burgers till you get back. Can you see yourself regretting this decision later on in life? Or would you look back and say to yourself, "Wow that was crazy, but I'm glad I did it"?

You bring up a good point!  $3.06 in Clearwater now...goes down in GA and NC, not sure about more north.  My car gets about 32 to the gallon highway.  It gets about 310 miles on one tank that cost me about $25.00.   Gas mileage is about as good as it gets without it being a hybrid..who knew a box could drive like that.  haha

See I know I might regret it...I was in this EXACT same position last year with the WVU game.  I know this game isnt as big but....

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

There is a big Steelers game on Sunday as well (or is it that Monday?). Anyway, hotels may be hard to find.

Oh yeah...and its the weekend after Thanksgiving!!  Worst travel time of the year!!

No Hotel....Straight up....straight back!!!

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

See I know I might regret it...I was in this EXACT same position last year with the WVU game.  I know this game isnt as big but....

If we lose you may regret it... it'll be a much longer drive back.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

You only live once. 

Archived