• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

By the Numbers: 18,000

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

Saturday's attendance was 58,000, meaning if we had one of those starter OCS's that hold 40,000, that's how many people that wanted to see the Bulls play Saturday couldn't, not to mention that many less tickets sold. Not wanting to start an ocs thing just pointing it out.

btw - We go into the game unranked, playing a down Louisville team, on tv, no chance for a nc or Big East title, we still pull in a nice number. That is definitely a sign of the uptick of support we are getting locally, and I think it'll stick and go up if we keep winning.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Scarcity will drive up the season ticket sales.  One of the benefits from an OCS.  I expect that we will have one someday, but not until the administration feels we have the support (financially and otherwise) to do so. 

• Content Count:  12,293

i dont see our OCS, when we get it, starting out with anything under 50K capacity

• Content Count:  2,461

Scarcity will drive up the season ticket sales.  One of the benefits from an OCS.  I expect that we will have one someday, but not until the administration feels we have the support (financially and otherwise) to do so. 

Exactly... As it is now in RayJay, with these numbers coming to the games, our season ticket sales next season will be nice.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

This will be an OCS thread  ;)

This season was a strong start for showing demand.

btw - We go into the game unranked, playing a down Louisville team, on tv, no chance for a nc or Big East title, we still pull in a nice number.

Great Point FullofBull.

Fans need to keep this momentum.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

you may be right--- that even though the circunstances didn't scream "awesome game"--- we had a big crowd.

let me play the devil' advocate-- how many of those tickets were purchased well in advance of the game during our early 6-0 run? SO you have this ticket-- the Bulls won again the week before-- you get to see Brian Brohm play--- and you get to see the Bulls-- on a Saturday night when nothing else major is going on.

might as well use those tickets. HOPEFULLY-- the ass-kicking we showed them relates to repeat business but I am not counting on it just yet. I think the casual fan is still gun shy-- wary that this team may or may not be the next big thing in Tampa.

They'll learn soon enough. What is more disparaging to me is to see the student fans-- who pay ZERO for a ticket-- not coming out anymore in those crazy numbers we had before. No camp outs-- no thrill-- wierd how so many of them jumped ship so fast. Kudos to those who are staying true

• Content Count:  2,661

FullOfBull, I like the way you think.

You address not just the excess income from the extra 18,000 or so tickets that were sold (which is considerable), but the ability to get more students to games of major national importance. That will pay huge dividends in the future when these students grow up to be deep-pocket alumni.

To have turned thousands of students, and other potential fans, away from the WVU@USF game would have been nothing short of a tragedy.

My esteemed colleague MikeG laments the lack of campouts since the heady days of being #2 in the nation. However, it's clear that many of the new fans USF football earned during that time went to the UofL game. I didn't say "bought tickets", I said "went." Let's be happy with that. We're growing a fan base.

• Content Count:  1,457

By the end of next year we will be averaging 55k per game - no matter who we draw (with the exception of old AA schools).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

... We're growing a fan base.

Very important !

Archived