• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

By the Numbers: 18,000

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Good points, MikeG.

I think next year, with our unattactive home schedule, will show us how our fans REALLY are.

• Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Next year's schedule isn't that unattractive anymore.

Friday night opener with Kansas.

The Rutgers game--I can't tell you how much I want to beat those guys at home next year.  I hope the whole town feels the same way.

UConn?  Those bastards!

I'm wondering if we will have a conference home game on a Thursday or Friday night in addition to the Kasnas game.  Could happen.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Saturday's attendance was 58,000, meaning if we had one of those starter OCS's that hold 40,000, that's how many people that wanted to see the Bulls play Saturday couldn't, not to mention that many less tickets sold. Not wanting to start an ocs thing just pointing it out.

btw - We go into the game unranked, playing a down Louisville team, on tv, no chance for a nc or Big East title, we still pull in a nice number. That is definitely a sign of the uptick of support we are getting locally, and I think it'll stick and go up if we keep winning.

i am from school that you want to build big

any new stadium for usf shouldnt have less than 60k with capability to expand to 100k

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

you may be right--- that even though the circunstances didn't scream "awesome game"--- we had a big crowd.

let me play the devil' advocate-- how many of those tickets were purchased well in advance of the game during our early 6-0 run? SO you have this ticket-- the Bulls won again the week before-- you get to see Brian Brohm play--- and you get to see the Bulls-- on a Saturday night when nothing else major is going on.

might as well use those tickets. HOPEFULLY-- the ass-kicking we showed them relates to repeat business but I am not counting on it just yet. I think the casual fan is still gun shy-- wary that this team may or may not be the next big thing in Tampa.

They'll learn soon enough. What is more disparaging to me is to see the student fans-- who pay ZERO for a ticket-- not coming out anymore in those crazy numbers we had before. No camp outs-- no thrill-- wierd how so many of them jumped ship so fast. Kudos to those who are staying true

students are no different than general public

everyone loves a winner

as soonas usf lost 3 straight

the luster wore off

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

What is more disparaging to me is to see the student fans-- who pay ZERO for a ticket-- not coming out anymore in those crazy numbers we had before. No camp outs-- no thrill-- wierd how so many of them jumped ship so fast. Kudos to those who are staying true

Look, to be honest...you are wrong.  We do have the same students coming to the games.  And I can tell you that 90-95% of them HAVE NOT JUMPED OFF SHIP.  Yea theres a VERY SMALL PERCENT that didnt pick up tickets to the UofL game.  But it was a very low number for sure.  Just because there arent camp-outs at the Sun-Dome anymore doesnt mean that there arent students showing up in droves to the games.  The section is Rockin' and its clearly the rowdiest side of the stadium and the MOST in touch with our University Traditions(i.e. The Bull Hand waving, fight song chants, march V chants, Downs cheers and other cheers).  I don't hear the other sections yelling S-O-U-T-H F-L-O-R-I-D-A anywhere near as loud at the students.  Please don't even think about pointing fingers at Students for not showing up at games.  I think that after having to expand the student section this season by about 4,501 seats would tell you that.

That is all...

GO BULLS!!!

Archived