• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

seriously--- how can anyone complain about anything after that game?

MikeG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

jeebus dozer-- how old is that video? Ken Shamrock knocking someone out?

Actually its Frank Shamrock

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

oh-- is that his son--- heh

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

oh-- is that his son--- heh

:D

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

Because the game yesterday doesn't make up the season. Yesterday was a GREAT win, but it doesn't make up for the disappointment from the three straight losses. The fact that we WERE ranked doesn't mean much. You have to judge the year by the entire thing, not just the most recent delevopments. We could have been ranked #1 at one point, but who cares if we end up unranked at the end of the season when it matters?  We were ranked #2 in the country, which was a tremendous accomplishment, but we also choked it away and lost three straight, where we would have and should have won if only we had executed, and that was a tremendous disappointment. We've had our ups, and we've had our downs.

As for the game yesterday, we were still sloppy and undiciplined at times. People complain about those things because we can't afford to do that and still win. There might be a time where one small mistake or penalty can change the outcome of the game, like I don't know, every one of our losses this year. Note that I'm not one complaining about anything from the game yesterday.

If we beat Pitt, which I see no reason why we shouldn't, we will have had a good season. Not a GREAT season, but a good one.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  3

"Good" and "Great" are subjective terms.

If we beat Pitt, we will finish 2007 at 4-3 in the conference.

Which is where we were in 2006.

And it's also where we were in 2005.

Three years of not winning the BE conference.

Another year of being relegated to an "also ran" bowl.

However, I think it has been a great year. We would finish

9-3 on the season and that little foray into the top ten

did a lot for getting the name of South Florida Bulls out

there. Huge wins over Auburn & WVU.

We managed to back into the number two ranking (be honest,

of all the +/- 117 IA schools in the country, did you honest-to-God

believe that there was only one school in the entire nation better

than USF?).

Coulda, shoulda, woulda beat Rutgers & Uconn & Cincy? Absolutely.

If we lose at Pitt and finish up 8-4, then I'd settle for a 'good' year.

Remember sports fans, there's a lot of other schools that would

love to be as 'unsuccessful' as we were this year!  :-*

Because the game yesterday doesn't make up the season. Yesterday was a GREAT win, but it doesn't make up for the disappointment from the three straight losses. The fact that we WERE ranked doesn't mean much. You have to judge the year by the entire thing, not just the most recent delevopments. We could have been ranked #1 at one point, but who cares if we end up unranked at the end of the season when it matters?  We were ranked #2 in the country, which was a tremendous accomplishment, but we also choked it away and lost three straight, where we would have and should have won if only we had executed, and that was a tremendous disappointment. We've had our ups, and we've had our downs.

As for the game yesterday, we were still sloppy and undiciplined at times. People complain about those things because we can't afford to do that and still win. There might be a time where one small mistake or penalty can change the outcome of the game, like I don't know, every one of our losses this year. Note that I'm not one complaining about anything from the game yesterday.

If we beat Pitt, which I see no reason why we shouldn't, we will have had a good season. Not a GREAT season, but a good one.

ALthough you can point to the three losses to support your bolded assertion above, I would say that we have to make MANY errors to lose games with this team. We can overcome some sloppy plays here and there. Our defense has been pretty outstanding almost the entire year-- and that defense has allowed us that luxury. I can point  to any number of errors in the three losses that had it gone the other way (or calls been made correctly in certain cases)--- that we win all three of those games.

Also--- remember that the last time we truly were ever "blown out" was at UL last year. So this game was a seriously fun rub it in their face moment-- regardless of how poorly UL has played this season. They didn't look that terrible against WVU--- and we just totally worked them.

If you deem our play as sloppy and mistake prone in this game--- I'll take that type of effort every week

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

ALthough you can point to the three losses to support your bolded assertion above, I would say that we have to make MANY errors to lose games with this team. We can overcome some sloppy plays here and there. Our defense has been pretty outstanding almost the entire year-- and that defense has allowed us that luxury. I can point  to any number of errors in the three losses that had it gone the other way (or calls been made correctly in certain cases)--- that we win all three of those games.

Also--- remember that the last time we truly were ever "blown out" was at UL last year. So this game was a seriously fun rub it in their face moment-- regardless of how poorly UL has played this season. They didn't look that terrible against WVU--- and we just totally worked them.

If you deem our play as sloppy and mistake prone in this game--- I'll take that type of effort every week

The reason I made the point I did that you bolded is because if we had one less mistake in each of our losses, we would be undefeated.

Anyway, I'm not complaining in any way about our game yesterday. It was a trememdous effort and execution by the team.

The reason I made the point I did that you bolded is because if we had one less mistake in each of our losses, we would be undefeated.

Anyway, I'm not complaining in any way about our game yesterday. It was a trememdous effort and execution by the team.

I think we are in agreement as I stated the same thing above

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I think this year's team could play with and beat anybody in the nation.  Including your LSUs, USCs, Oklahomas, etc.  Our problem all year has been ourselves.  At times we've looked unstoppable, and other times we can't stop tripping over our own two feet.  But I truly believe we could give LSU a run for their money. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

This team is not perfect ... as ALL teams in the nation.

I think this team can beat ANYONE in the nation.

Archived